warped rotors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Honda-tech in the sponsor place... its was like 230shipped for my brembo blanks
Also why would you want to get bigger breaks for the back? Most of your stopping force is from the front breaks.... So make the bigger.

all my car have had brembo blanks with next to no problems at all the 1 set of slotted rotor that i have used (sami wheeling truck) warped 4 times now and im getting alittle tired of going back to the parts store and yelling at a mangaer to get them exchanged

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Dec 15 2004, 03:20 PM
The material quality of the brembo is far greater than that of some off the shelf auto-zone rotors. I've had mine on my car for a month or so and no signs of glazing or surface rusting at all.
[post=432661]Quoted post[/post]​

when i worked at autozone, the "off the shelf" rotor was infact brembo blanks for some cars. just thought i'd let you know

Originally posted by 99SiRidinLow@Dec 22 2004, 04:29 AM
Also why would you want to get bigger breaks for the back? Most of your stopping force is from the front breaks.... So make the bigger.
[post=435751]Quoted post[/post]​

$230 I hope that was for 4- rotors

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR+Dec 22 2004, 06:35 AM-->
@Dec 15 2004, 03:20 PM
The material quality of the brembo is far greater than that of some off the shelf auto-zone rotors. I've had mine on my car for a month or so and no signs of glazing or surface rusting at all.

when i worked at autozone, the "off the shelf" rotor was infact brembo blanks for some cars. just thought i'd let you know
[post=435766]Quoted post[/post]​

yep for some they are. I use them all the time and I love them. I know a bunch of other people that track there cars a ton more then me and that is all they use and have never had a problem

Originally posted by asmallsol+Dec 22 2004, 09:46 AM-->
Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Dec 22 2004, 06:35 AM
CRX-YEM

yep for some they are. I use them all the time and I love them. I know a bunch of other people that track there cars a ton more then me and that is all they use and have never had a problem
[post=435843]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah but not for all.... the last time I got rotors at AutoZone for my CRX, they were NOT Brembos.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Dec 22 2004, 07:46 AM-->
Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Dec 22 2004, 06:35 AM
CRX-YEM

[post=435843]Quoted post[/post]​

I used the ones from there , and i went thru 3 sets because they kept warping, it sucks, i used rotora crossdrilled, and have yet to have a problem, it acctually help my stop time dramatically. it really is the how u use your brakes and for what purpose, thats why there are so many different! applications. so no powerslot is not the best for all, its mainly for street use, not track, brembo is good for track or street and willwood is as good as brembo, research, and figure out your application, then buy the rotors. oh yeah, big brake are even better :)

Originally posted by CRX-YEM+Dec 22 2004, 09:19 AM-->
99SiRidinLow
@Dec 22 2004, 04:29 AM
[post=435751]Quoted post[/post]​

$230 I hope that was for 4- rotors
[post=435816]Quoted post[/post]​

From a H-T special I paid $131.27 for four Brembo blanks for my GS-R sedan... and that was shipped from WA state to MA. :huh:

I actually had a problem with my OEM rotors warping also, due to the type of rims I have and weather conditions in my area. I purchased a set of powerstop rotors which are actually stamped by brembo for $140 for 2 on my 96 civic ex. I have had them on my car for two years no warping, no excessive pad use, and no cracks around drill holes. IMO they are good and worth the money.

What about Stoptech? Talked to some guy who does SCCA Touring with a DC Type R and said that Wilwood is good for like rallying and shit, but Stoptech is the better for road and auto-x.
Seen lots of people running Stoptech and they say works as good as Brembo GT kits for half the price.
Just my two cents.

Back