Warranty question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

allmotord16rex

I just got a 2002 S2000 and it is a certified used Honda. Since it is certified it has the 100k mile powertrain warranty. We all know the F20 screams, but I want to get an intake for it. My question is does an intake void Honda's certified powertrain warranty? I know there is some act that says a manufacturer cannot void a warranty unless they can prove that part caused failure, but would they just say the car was abused since it had an intake? Thanks.

It would be best to check with Honda itself, as you can get a definitive answer. I've seen cases where modifications did void the warranty, and others where applying an intake or exhaust did not affect it.

Quoted post[/post]]
I just got a 2002 S2000 and it is a certified used Honda. Since it is certified it has the 100k mile powertrain warranty. We all know the F20 screams, but I want to get an intake for it. My question is does an intake void Honda's certified powertrain warranty? I know there is some act that says a manufacturer cannot void a warranty unless they can prove that part caused failure, but would they just say the car was abused since it had an intake? Thanks.

Unless they can PROVE that your intake caused the failure of whatever the problem was, they can't do jack.
If your intake falls off and you suck something into your motor and it blows up they're going to say youre a fucktard for tampering with the stock intake and make you fork out the cost of a new motor.

Quoted post[/post]]
Can they claim that you abused the car since it has an intake on it?

No, if they could do that they'd blame anything at all on you to void the warranty, "well the tires look kinda bald in the rear for this low of miles I bet you did a burn out, VOID WARRANTY!" nah it wouldnt happen.

Nissan Of American says if you install anything other then nismo parts you will void your warranty.

I dont doubt it if you call and ask honda they will say if you change anything on your car that is not OEM it will void the warranty.

Shit if you put an intake on your car and the motor blows up they chances are will try to blame it on that and void the warranty. That's when you say prove how the intake caused the damage. When they can't prove it they HAVE TO warranty it.

Well, worst comes to worst, put the intake on, and if something goes wrong, put the stocker back on before going into the stealership.

Back