Was replacing the pads and rotors on my buddys car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slo86GT

Super Moderator
Yeah, so we were replacing the rotors and pads on 93 Prelude S in my driveway... Got through the front fine, and started on the rears. Got the first few bolts broken loose, and started on the lower caliper bolt...

Well, it broke loose and my arm swing around fast, and I felt it nick on the bottom of the dust shield... Looked down and thought to myself. "Gatdammit." "Heather, you ready to go to the hospital?" She thought I was joking.

The owner of the car came over, said... "Ooooo. Nice one." I had to agree.

Went to the minor med station, paid my $15 copay, and waited.... and waited... and 2 hours later, I got some stitches. 6 to be exact. AND a tetanus shot. Oh joy.

Well, here's pics of the carnage before stitches, I'll get pics of the stitched up wound once it's time to clean it up in the morning.

Cleaned Cut

Aftera few seconds, filled with blood.

It measured out to 2 cm, and about 4 mm deep. I know, I'm a pussy. :p

Anyone wanna paypal me for some drinks? I'll bet I get REALLY fucked up if I went drinking tonight. OH yeah. Blood loss city.

Oh, and now, the lidocaine injections they used to numb it for the stitches is wearing off... great. It's tingling and starting to be a dull pain... Just to get worse as I settle down for bed, I'm sure. :(

LOL I've been own3d by the dustshield before=) however I would have just let it be=) wrap it with a papertowel then add some shipping tape to keep it in place and be done with it.

I've never had stitches before =)

here's some pics from my car. damn civic... they turned out kinda crapp I think I might have been kinda shaky while trying to take them

https://hondaswap.com/gallery/images/s40ca94306b717.jpg
first pic is very bad color wise it does not show off how bad it really was

this next one is better at showing off the true color =)

https://hondaswap.com/gallery/images/s40ca948a1fbf1.jpg

BTW I was wearing latex gloves when this happend After the fact I pulled the bloody glove off and pulled what seemed to be a 4" or so long piece of white latex.... nope it was SKIN!

=) fun stuff

thats it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

jesus i was expecting to see a damn near amputated arm

oh well ... glad youre ok

:thumbsup:

edited my above post... it was about 4 mm deep.. I dunno what I was thinking putting 1/4 cm. :p

Anyway, they just stitched fromthe top, and the curved needle they used was able to go all the way under the cut to hold it all together. Haven't pulled the big bandaid thing off yet to clean it up and get pics... I'll do that here in an hour or two.

Working on my car, I have had countless bloody knuckles, fee worse then otheres. I also have cut my finger minorly while removing my front dust sheilds.

seriously dude, a bandaid woulda fixed that right up for me :shrug2: lol

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jun 11 2004, 10:59 PM
thats it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

jesus i was expecting to see a damn near amputated arm

oh well ... glad youre ok

:thumbsup:

haha, no doubt, thats what i was thinking. suck it up you pussy ;)

:lol:

good ol butterfly bandage and you could have saved the $100 or whatever copay for the ER.

nonetheless, hope you feel better.

thats it? dood blood loss and drinking is sweet.... go give blood (do something good while youre at it) then get a 12 pack and your wasted in no time

Originally posted by dveit+Jun 13 2004, 04:26 PM-->
:lol:

good ol butterfly bandage and you could have saved the $100 or whatever copay for the ER.

nonetheless, hope you feel better.
I just paid $15 for the minor med place... But I waited 2 hours. The lady was cool as hell, and gave me the scissors, clamp, and tweezers from the stitch-em-up kit they had to use... Apparently all of it was throw away stuff, and I needed it to remove the stitches anyway. Bonus. ;)

jeffie7
@Jun 13 2004, 04:07 PM
Give him some credit. After all, he is a Chevy owner.

Better than an underpowered, overweight Nissan. :p

damn, i would of just super glued that baby cut back together.when i almost cut my finger off at work they had to force me 2 go to the e.r, fuckers even made me drive. i almost passed out at the electronic doors. 6 hours total e.r time...

Originally posted by SiR Kid+Jun 14 2004, 01:28 AM-->

Darn my Nissan is 3180lbs at 300HP or so HP "287stock" that is with a 53/47 weight split

the EVO is 3263 lb and 271HP

and the STI is 3263lbs at 300hp

0 - 60 Time
(seconds) 1/4 Mile Time
(seconds) 1/4 Mile Speed

Chevrolet Colorado LS Crew Cab 4wd - I5 3.5L (220 hp) 4A + ABS 8.50 16.50 87.40
Chevrolet Colorado LS Crew Cab 4wd - I5 3.5L (220 hp) 4A + ABS 10.03 17.53 82.50

Any idea what the weight is?

"edit" I pulled the #s of SCCM I find it weird that the STI and EVO happen to be the exact same weight

Originally posted by jeffie7+Jun 15 2004, 12:08 AM-->
Originally posted by SiR Kid@Jun 14 2004, 01:28 AM

jeffie7

Darn my Nissan is 3180lbs at 300HP or so HP "287stock" that is with a 53/47 weight split

the EVO is 3263 lb and 271HP

and the STI is 3263lbs at 300hp

0 - 60 Time (seconds)  1/4 Mile Time (seconds)  1/4 Mile Speed  
Chevrolet Colorado LS Crew Cab 4wd - I5 3.5L (220 hp) 4A + ABS  8.50  16.50  87.40
Chevrolet Colorado LS Crew Cab 4wd - I5 3.5L (220 hp) 4A + ABS  10.03  17.53  82.50

Any idea what the weight is?

I don't have a crew cab, or an auto tranny, OR 4WD. My truck weighs about 3100 pounds.

And looking at your numbers... wanna explain to me why youre 3180 pound beast runs a 14 flat? A Mustang GT with at least 200 pounds more weight, and 20 hp less runs high 13's at least for 6k or more less cashola.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Jun 15 2004, 02:40 AM

And looking at your numbers... wanna explain to me why youre 3180 pound beast runs a 14 flat? A Mustang GT with at least 200 pounds more weight, and 20 hp less runs high 13's at least for 6k or more less cashola.

Dude the mustang could cost 10K less and I still wouldnt want to be caught driving it =)

BTW my car gets 5 more MPG on avg and oh wait look at this

0 - 60 Time
(seconds) 1/4 Mile Time
(seconds) 1/4 Mile Speed

Ford Mustang Mach 1 - V8 4.6L DOHC (310 hp) 5M + ABS 5.66 14.12 105.50 127

I think the mustang pull a easy high 13s same for the 350Z but I think it would take a better driver to get the 350Z there VS the mustang.

chances are its all in the gearing of the car. Im not sure what the 350Z is VS the Mustang but either way

It's still a mustang.

Back