Was that a big groundhog I just hit?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
Woman Killed After Jumping Out Of Limo
# Was Struck By Several Cars On 405 Freeway

Aug 10, 2005 8:29 pm US/Pacific
COSTA MESA, Calif. (AP) A 25-year-old woman said to be a member of a punk rock band was fatally injured Wednesday on the southbound San Diego (405) Freeway in Costa Mesa when she apparently jumped from a Hummer limousine, police said.

The woman, who was riding in the vehicle with five other people, leaped out of the vehicle about 5 a.m. and was struck by multiple vehicles, said Costa Mesa police Sgt. Marty Carver.

"We don't know how many cars, but several people called and said they hit her," Carver said, adding that the limousine had been traveling about 65 mph in the No. 1 lane, just north of Fairview Road.

"When she hit of course it was still dark out and so other vehicles without realizing there was a person there struck her and the initial people stopped," Carver said. "But other people continued going thinking they had just struck something in the roadway."

The group had been at a party in Los Angeles before visiting a friend's house in Costa Mesa, which they had left just prior to the woman's apparent suicide, Carver said.

The owner of the limousine told local news the victim was an Irvine resident who was a singer in a punk rock band, along with her boyfriend, and that -- according to the driver -- the two had been arguing in the back of the limo all night.

The owner said the limo was heading toward the woman's home when she suddenly opened the door and jumped out.

The victim, according to the owner, left behind two children.

The other people in the group indicated that everyone had been drinking, Carver said.

Toxicology tests will be performed by the coroner to determine if the victim was under the influence of alcohol or drugs, Carver said.

The woman carried no identification, but the coroner was able to pull fingerprints and was provided with a number to contact next-of-kin, but that was not done as of early evening, according to the coroner.

Detectives were handling the investigation as a suicide, but detectives were still questioning witnesses, Carver said.

The woman's death caused a massive traffic tie-up on the heavily traveled freeway. All lanes were shut but one, Carver said, and the roadway was not not re-opened until about noon, Carver said.

That's what happens when a Californian wakes up to realise where they are. They jump. God bless her.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Callidus@Aug 13 2005, 11:44 AM
Wow. That's just ridiculous. I bet that fucked up the people that hit her. I feel bad for them.
[post=539600]Quoted post[/post]​

really, kill yourself, dont traumatice(sp?) others in the process. take a nice warm bath with a toaster.

I've been watching too much CSI... Come on, she opened the door and jumped out of a limo hummer onto a busy freeway? :blink:

Thats got to be the least common way to comit suicide. That and they were fighting all night. I think dude killed her.

so has anyone heard what band she was in, or if she was even in a band?

yea that must have fucked the people up. my frined hit a suicidal guy that jumped off the sidewalk in front of him, the guy went all the way under their minivan and out the back. For about a year or so he was all nervous when he drove, and he would freak if you startled him.

Originally posted by Celerity@Aug 13 2005, 07:23 AM
That's what happens when a Californian wakes up to realise where they are. They jump. God bless her.

-> Steve
[post=539596]Quoted post[/post]​

Jealousy is really difficult for you to cope with. Go see a therapist. :)

Is that the best you people can come up with? This schoolyard "you're just jealous" bullshit? Nobody's jealous of cali residents. If they're not cracking down on something they're out on a witch hunt for something else.

California is rediculous. Get over it.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 15 2005, 12:19 PM
Is that the best you people can come up with? This schoolyard "you're just jealous" bullshit? Nobody's jealous of cali residents. If they're not cracking down on something they're out on a witch hunt for something else.

California is rediculous. Get over it.
[post=540377]Quoted post[/post]​

Got your panties in a bunch?

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 15 2005, 01:15 PM
Nope, I just can't fathom anyone WISHING they lived in california.
[post=540399]Quoted post[/post]​

It is an amazing world we live in. I can't fathom people WISHING to rice out cars and make them fugly either, but thats a different topic.

So back on topic. :)

hhhmmm, not fathoming anyone wanting to live in cali, mabe someone has never been and has only heard the swarzennegger bad side of things? i used to live there, its not bad as long as you dont succumb to meth or coke. cali may be in bad shape, but is it perfect where you live?

Why do all threads turn into hate or love cali topics?

It's simple. It's a fucking shithole with no toilet.

im sick of blind ignorance. are imports the only thing you have to live for, thus because cali is not import friendly you despise it? they crack down on imports on the street. its not illegal to build a car and own one and race a turboed ass civic with a swap, they dont want them daily driven on the streets. because SOME fuckheads street race and kill people...

I love california. I WISH I LIVED IN CALIFORNIA.. So immagine that. I plan on retiring in northern california.

lived in Cali all my life and never wanna move. there are tons more Pro's than cons, but you seriously wouldn't know until you live here.

Back