Was there ever a supercharger made for the ZC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Moon Ill

I was wanting to know if there was ever a supercharger made for the ZC. It was rumoured that Jackson racing made one then discontiuned it. I just want to know if anybody makes one now.

no problem, just my opinion..... but you should look into a turbo instead :)

Yea, I like turbo. and If I did I would run low PSI because I hate lag. but I want my engine to last for a while. and I've always heard super isn't as hard on the engine as turbo. Even with all that parasitic drag.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 5 2004, 11:47 PM
you would still hit 7 psi at the same time on the same turbo.

Oh, serious!? Thanks for the knowledge sol. Its the size of the turbo that makes the diffrence in lag right?

turbine wheel, bearings, motor's VE, motor's intake cfm, motor's combustion chamber, manifold design, timing, blah blah... theres 1000's factors.

98% of which will only effect you in first gear in a race. after that, you're above 5k 99% of the time.. if you're not- its tire size and gearing issues- with a load placed on the eld, which will induce spool. , and lag is non existant if you know how to drive and can shift quick, the turbo won't loose but a couple pounds or so give or take all of the above.

JR did make a ZC blower, but I don't know if they still do because I don't pay much attention to Oscar. Anyway... A good low lag turbo for the ZC would be an IHI RHB5 VJ11 or IHI RHB5 from a Ford Thunderbird Turbocoupe. You'll see full boost by 2700 RPM with that and the right size charge piping and DP.

Back