Wasabi Racing Dallas, Tx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

QuicSilver

I had some work done at Wasabi, these are public forums so why not inform the public. I took my 90 Honda CRX si with a b16a swapped into it already, in because it had a high idle issue.

Anyone know of any reliable, honest, Honda aftermarket mechanic shops. I have tried Jotech, Intercrew, and now Wasabi racing. I'm not pleased with any of them. It's MY money, that means I have options of where I take MY car.

Hmm. I've been extremely happy with my service at Intercrew for the past 3 years. I hated how I got treated at Jotech, and I've never been to Wasabi.

Good luck.

i feel they should stick with 550 if they told you it was 550. not the 673...thats bullsh*t. If i tell someone ill charge them 100 bucks to work on something and i end up spending $85 instead of the $45 i had planned on spending..the price remains the same...i cand stand that kinda of crap..an aquaintence of mine had a gsr powered sol and took it to jotech and jotech let a kid install the turbo kit on it and he advanced the f*ck out of the timing.....needless to say seven hours later the car cracked a cylinder...they wont stand behind it either...Gotta love capitalism

Truthfully I've found that I and most of my unknowledgeable friends can do most of the work ourselves and what we can't do we can figure out how to do it. I know time is a factor but you have toys. Toys take money and time to use and work on them. If you want something to beat the hell out of and not work on it go buy a new car with a warranty ya know??? I've found that here in Michigan import performance shops like to use customer cars and test tools to see what works and what doesn't. Just be careful and ask lots of questions. Do a lot of research before going in there so you know what they are talking about. I know that in this state lawyers would eat up a little garage case like yours and you would pay only small courts cost to get your service paid for.

Rob
Primetimeimports

Well. I talked to them a little bit more and they are gonna work with me on it. I mean the reason i went was to get my idle problem fixed, and they fixed that. So I can't really complain too much. It was just the last second extra money they threw in and didn't inform me it was even being done or inform me it was going to be more. I got a call from the owner of Wasabi and we talked it out. So I apologize to them, and they apologized to me. It was just me venting, it's hard to get good customer service anymore. I'm happy with it now, he's going to compensate a little with me for the last second extra charge. So, it's not that bad. I would go back there rather than going back to Jotech or Intercrew. The problem I had with Intercrew, they did my engine swap, decent price, but he likes to put a little kink in the package to keep you coming back. I've replaced my axles twice since I had it done, and he says oh bring it in and we wil replace them, they have a lifetime warranty. What he doesn't tell you in that "lifetime warranty" is the fact that they are rebuilt, and you pay $60 for the labor. So, I guess he figures you'll rather pay that than $300+ for "real" axles that last. So that's what's made me go look elsewhere for further mods. I went to Jotech, and in my opinion it's a joke, they all have their noses in the air, acting like we're in magazines, what do you want with your puny idle problem. They diagnosed it, I payed them $60 for them to all put in their 2 cents, it could be this or this or this. So I havn't gone back there. Maybe I'll go back when I need a 9 second front wheel drive civic hatchback built, seeing how that's all they seem to be good at. Or at least till they lower their prices to pay for their big heads. Again, wasabi fixed my idle issue and were very good CS, just the last second extra mula they threw in pissed me off. I cooled off and we talked it out. So, overall after all this I had a good experience. They have a VERY nice place, everyone should check it out, very clean. Check them out. Jotech never again, and I just see intercrew as a wanna be performance shop that get's passed up by real ones. I've seen intercrew go from plano to their location now, and it was always a shady place, roomers of them stealin shit back from the mods they did. Like I said RUMORS.

Back