washington help out pls

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
im lookin for a good shop to do a b16 swap on my civic if anybody could help me out it would be great. im in the seattle area and am willing to go about anywhere.thx for your help in advance

Well, I'm from a little bit south of Seattle, but it's only a 40 minute drive to Tacoma/Lakewood anyway, right? :)

Let's see, there are three nice, big shops that can do these things. Two are in Lakewood on So. Tacoma Way.

One is called Fastlane and I have not had too much experience with them. They know their shit though, and they have awesome cars. The owner has a red NSX all CF'ed out and two employee's have a RHD Sol and a RHD EG6.

The one I have most experience with is called Speedline. Their mechanics are fucking awesome guys, do great work, work fast and efficiently, and they have very reasonable prices on all products and services. Where else can you get new Tanabe springs for $180 out the door? Or GReddy Evo for $349?

The only other shop I know of that does swaps is this place in Federal Way called the Xtreme Auto Salon. They are a bunch of overpriced assfuckers looking to rape anyone and everyone out of all kinds of money. However, they probably do the best work in the Puget Sound area and have a wall full of trophies and timeslips to prove it. They work slow, and do so for exorbinant amounts of money, but they do really, really nice work.

My advice? Drive the extra thirty miles south to Lakewood and deal with Speedline. They will hook you up with a nice, clean swap for not a lot of money and will also give you great deals on all your subsequent needs like cat-back, springs/shocks, etc. They are good guys. Trust me. :spin:

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Feb 18 2004, 01:07 AM
Well, I'm from a little bit south of Seattle, but it's only a 40 minute drive to Tacoma/Lakewood anyway, right? :)

Let's see, there are three nice, big shops that can do these things. Two are in Lakewood on So. Tacoma Way.

One is called Fastlane and I have not had too much experience with them. They know their shit though, and they have awesome cars. The owner has a red NSX all CF'ed out and two employee's have a RHD Sol and a RHD EG6.

The one I have most experience with is called Speedline. Their mechanics are fucking awesome guys, do great work, work fast and efficiently, and they have very reasonable prices on all products and services. Where else can you get new Tanabe springs for $180 out the door? Or GReddy Evo for $349?

The only other shop I know of that does swaps is this place in Federal Way called the Xtreme Auto Salon. They are a bunch of overpriced assfuckers looking to rape anyone and everyone out of all kinds of money. However, they probably do the best work in the Puget Sound area and have a wall full of trophies and timeslips to prove it. They work slow, and do so for exorbinant amounts of money, but they do really, really nice work.

My advice? Drive the extra thirty miles south to Lakewood and deal with Speedline. They will hook you up with a nice, clean swap for not a lot of money and will also give you great deals on all your subsequent needs like cat-back, springs/shocks, etc. They are good guys. Trust me. :spin:

Hey, speedline's still in buisness? I drove down there a coupla months ago, and they seemed like they were closed... I've heard great things about them, and though I've never done buisness with them personally, they sound like a legit group of guys. Up north here, there aren't any shops really, and the one that was in my town closed up because of crappy prices, and crappy work. Good luck with your swap!!!

Ian

:worthy: thanks for all the info. i was wondering do you have speedline # or website and have you heard about a company around the same area called intec racing they're at www.intecracing.com check um out at let me know what think. and let me know about speedline

Yeah, Speedline's still in business but they are in the process of moving to another location in Tacoma, I believe. They're great guys.

I've never heard of Intec before. I don't have a Pierce county phone book with me here in the Spokane area. Try 411, dude.

i'll vouch for speedline to. they are moving to a bigger shop just a little farther down pacific. they are 1 of the 2 skunk2 dealers in washington. they have the most products with the best price. just try to talk to the younger guys, the older guys (like in there 50's) aren't with it too much. i asked if they had some jdm tails and they handed me gen 3 altezza's. hahaha :D

INTEC SAID IT WOULD BE 600 DOLLARS AND A DAY TO GET IT DONE. IS THAT A FAIR PRICE. SPEEDLINE STATED 1100 DOLLARS AND A WEEK TO GET IT DONE. IS THERE THAT MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO SHOPS

Speedline is usually busy, but not that busy. Fuck. I would go with Intec, then. I checked out their site and they look legit. Tell us how they do, mang!

Instead of a B16 why not the B18 it has more torque and horse, but the b16 is not bad as well and it's pretty quick, is ur motor JDM.

Instead of a B16 why not the B18 it has more torque and horse, but the b16 is not bad as well and it's pretty quick, is ur motor JDM.

2 year old thread man. welcome to hondaswap.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back