1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wastegate Plumbing Question.

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by Marsh, May 30, 2012.

1. Marsh

Marsh Member

Setup is Twin Tial 44mm Gates. I have a bunch of -6 AN Fittings and some -6AN Hose laying around. I'm thinking about Plumbing the Vacuum on the Wastegates with this stuff(Cuz it will look GOOD). Most Vacuum Lines are 2.5-3mm(Inside Diameter), These -6AN Fitting are more like 5.5mm(Inside Diameter). Being that there is gonna be a long run from the Manifold, to Solenoid, to the Gates. Could this cause a Problem? It's been Raddleing around in my head and it seems it could Rob my Vacuum and possible affect the reaction time with anything Vacuum refernced? Thanks in advance for any Advice given:rimshot:

2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

Yeah, i wouldn't advise that. use the proper size hoses.

3. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

just hook it up with the proper hoses, then one day after you get the car running well and you are really bored... then worry about some sort of stainless AN fitting setup. or not.

4. Marsh

Marsh Member

^^That would have been the best idea I know lol... But, I ended up doing -3AN, there not pretty Red/Blue Fittings like I wanted tho;.(
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Ruff Draft, I will make it work.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted