Wastegate-tuning-turbo info

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tuner Toys--ill probably just get it off ebay as well,,did yours work well?
and the tuner im going to go through says ill need a rising rate FPR??
and then the dsm 450cc-which will plug and play

anyone heard of this risimg rate??i researched them and theyre like $300.thats fukin dumb

Yea, the pump I got worked excellent, no issues whatsoever.

I didn't touch my FPR and I probably could have made 300 hp if I had pushed it that far.

Yea, the pump I got worked excellent, no issues whatsoever.

I didn't touch my FPR and I probably could have made 300 hp if I had pushed it that far.
ok would you mind telling me the setup??
just the 255 pump with 450cc injectors??

EDIT!!nvm its the one in your sig right?

how much psi were you boosting???cuz 253 is killer-
and was the internals stock?

Last edited:
stock fpr is fine. i had a stock one on my crazy build.

you might even get away with the stock fuel pump if you aren't going very big. i've seen the stock fuel pump support 230-240 whp cars.

stock fpr is fine. i had a stock one on my crazy build.

you might even get away with the stock fuel pump if you aren't going very big. i've seen the stock fuel pump support 230-240 whp cars.
ok..well im not shooting for high hp numbers,,im going against what blanco says with turbo,,"dont base it off of psi,base it off of hp goals"
but i just want to put a mild amount of boost,the motor is al stock,and ive researched and came up with,they can hold up to 8-10 psi safely,
so ill put 8-9 and call it a day,
but thanks for the help guys,i appreciate ut

If you value your engine I would throw that e-manage in the trash
ive heard mixed reviews on the e-manage-i have it hooked up but cut the power to it..so its not working now until i put the power back to it...i heard that the mitsubishi guys love them,,but what is your experience with it?

Get some real engine management, you dont need half the shit your looking for, I.E. missing link (you dont need, and is a waste of money) FMU( you dont need) FPR (you dont need) . Get a p28 chipped ecu (150bux) get a tuner to street tune your car on crome (150 bux) youll prob need the obdo to obd1 harness. (75 bux) or a 30 dollar manual and wire it up yourself.

As for wastegates, I got one for sell for 150 bux, brand new tial 38mm w/ 9psi spring. which means youll get about 7psi to the plenum.

I have seen first hand on many occassions where the emanage will just drop all the memory while its getting tuned, and a week later it will do it again and some crooked tuners will charge you to tune it again (when they are just loading the same map back on the ems.) There was this guy with a 94 dx, single slammer on 10 psi, we were tuning his car, the emange went hay-wire on a 3rd gear pull, leaned out and blew the motor. But thats just my experience.
I say get crome or neptune, uberdata, or s100w/boost. All are fairly resonable and will do what you need to do to get tuned. Dont waste your money on the bullshit (missing link, fmu, fpr.

BTW stock fuel pumps wont carry you much past 12-14psi. I ran out of pump at 12psi on a t3t4 turbonetics 60trim. Def get the walboro if you plan on pushing more later down the road. And another thing, when you buy injectors. Always give them growing room. IF you think you only need 450cc , buy 880cc. Price is the same no matter what cc.

Also I have a set of 550cc injectors for sale for 150 bux. Just thought I would throw that out there. lol

ok..well im not shooting for high hp numbers,,im going against what blanco says with turbo,,"dont base it off of psi,base it off of hp goals"
but i just want to put a mild amount of boost,the motor is al stock,and ive researched and came up with,they can hold up to 8-10 psi safely,
so ill put 8-9 and call it a day,
but thanks for the help guys,i appreciate ut
Just by chance, what motor are you planning on boosting?

its a b18a1 in my 91 civic si-
and im def. getting rid of the e-manage--
im probably just going to see if the tuner can do turboedit(obd0)
or ill wait to put the turbo on until i have the cash for a p28 and then i will tune with crome,,thas what all my boys are tuned on,and the only problem weve had so far is a blown chip(after installing it in someone else car)
but if i buy 880 will it always flow 880 or can you tune them to flow 450?
but im not even sure if ill go this tuner,because hes the one that said i need the Rising rate fpr,and all that stuff

the tuning software allows you to typically 'convert' the fuel maps for the larger injectors via a multiplier. it decreases the duty cycle so the injector still only dumps the correct amount of fuel.

the tuner should be the one to tell you what size you'll need, or you'll have to learn some math functions to figure it out. fuel pressure can also be modified to increase or decrease flow of an injector.

e-manage is overpriced.

well ive been told by many people that the dsm 450's are what i want,,and i have a chance to get a chipped pr4(obd0) that is tuned for my exact setup with 450cc's
so would i still need to tune it or will this work?i know the guy and i know he wont fuck me over

the ecu was tuned for the other guys setup, unless your using the same motor, turbo, downpipe, intercooler and piping, injectors, and running the same amount of boost, the air fuel ratio is going to be off a little bit. but if your kit is close it should be a great base map to start tuning from. You probably could get away with it but its better to be tuned for your set up just so you know its right

fo sho. i would still have it tuned. too many variables that can be different, unless you know they arnt.

it's not about him rippin you off, it's just about you having the optimum tune for YOUR motor and YOUR setup to make the most power and preform to it's utmost reliability

hmm..ill ask him what setup hes running,,the guy is an insane builed and tuner,he has a 500whp eg--and he did all the work tuning building himself-

Back