Wastegate-tuning-turbo info

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

and for the record, for an obd-1 conversion, you'll need more than the conversion harness like everyone says. you'll need an obd1 ecu, obd1 distributor, obd1 type exhaust manifold/header (these are easy to locate, most headers are made in this layout, but since you'll need a turbo manifold, forget i said this part) four wire o2 sensor, and you'll need to add the other three wires to the new ecu from the o2 sensor, and lengthen the existing one. doesn't seem like much, but it all adds up. in my own opinion however, obd1 is the only way to go if you turbocharge. obd0 is hard to find anyone that still uses turboedit. and obd2 is too finicky.

Last edited:
and for the record, for an obd-1 conversion, you'll need more than the conversion harness like everyone says. you'll need an obd1 ecu, obd1 distributor, obd1 type exhaust manifold/header (these are easy to locate, most headers are made in this layout, but since you'll need a turbo manifold, forget i said this part) four wire o2 sensor, and you'll need to add the other three wires to the new ecu from the o2 sensor, and lengthen the existing one. doesn't seem like much, but it all adds up. in my own opinion however, obd1 is the only way to go if you turbocharge. obd0 is hard to find anyone that still uses turboedit. and obd2 is too finicky.
yea i know i would need all that stuff,,,thats why im trying to stay away from converting until later down the road..but the tuner im using does still use turboedit. so im not worried about it

Back