wat car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hondacivic555

im 13 im startin to look for a good honda at a decent price but im undecided between civic coupe, Hatchback, del sol, or a crx can u help me.

I think I need to do it again, cuz when i see the post its all i can do

BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAhAHAHAHAHAHAhhaHAhahahahahaHahaHahahahhahahahahahahahahaAHHAHhHAHAhaHAHAHAhhAhAHahHAhAhahAhaH!

well, at least you're starting early...

what are your goals for the car?
are you going to build it? or are you just looking for your first car?

whats your budget?
are you worried about being able to get your money back out of the car?
are you worried about how it will sell if you do choose to sell it?

what about things like, do you want to be able to have more than one other person in your car? you're prob gonna have friends with no cars, or at least want you to drive some of the time... so if thats the case then you'll want more than a 2 seater...

Good compromise in any situation is a coupe. I got a coupe and I love it.

But that's just me. What do you plan for the car?

Go with the biggest piece of shit you can find, and after you inevitably wreck that, and get some experiance, buy a car that you don't want to ruin.

Thats my best advice.

I started saving for a car when I was 14ish. I saved for 2 years straight and looked started thinking about what kind I wanted at around a year if not longer before I got my licience. I really never looked at many hondas though, except maybe a few CRX's. I really wanted an MR2, Corrado, or a Mustang. I then started to get intrested in honda's a little before I got my licience. I then bought a del Sol a month after I got my licience and have had it ever since.

My advise, save as much money as you can now. If you want to eventually drive a modded honda, When you get your licience, buy the cleanest stock STICK honda you can find. No rust, no nothing. If you have to drive 300 miles to find one, so be it. If you have 5k to spend, don't spend 2k on a POS rusted out car and another 3k for mods. Buy a nice car for around 5000. When you turn 16, for everyones safety, just drive a good old civic DX. They are cheap, great gasmillage, and slow as balls. A 16 year old kid does not need a fast car. All you will do to it is crash it and get tons of tickets.

During your Junior year, work and save for mods that you want to do. Trust me, a fast honda is not cheap. A good tire and wheel package is easy 800-1000, and thats for knock off or "cheap" wheels. A good suspension setup costs AT LEAST 1000 (sway bars, strut bars, Springs, Koni shocks, or full coilovers (starting at 700). Those things JUST make the car handle good. Then, if you want it to be fast, your going to have to do an engine swap, and thats atleast 2000, minimum. If you want to go fast, then theres a turbo kit. Theres another 2000+.

Just there I listed 6000 in mods. Its not a cheap sport.

:werd:

Honda + First Car = DX or EX. Almost infallibly if you're going into the import scene with a blind eye and unprepared, you will become a ricer. This is common, it comes with the title to the car :p Eventually, if you hang around here long enough, that will change though.

you can start by learning how to use forums and posting in the right one.

:locked:

in all seriousness...I got my first car at 13-14 years old...and it was old...1958 Studebaker 2 ton dumptruck, flat bed duallies, and the works...it only had a bad waterpump...I replaced the pump, drove it for 7 miles..and parked it at my dad shop...I paid $550 for it, $50 Water pump, and a guy drove buy and just had to buy the huge truck that was my dream truck...he offered $1000 cash on the spot...I couldn't resist the money...so I took it.

I put that money and saved up another grand and dumped it on a 74 Jeep grand wagoneer, auto, 360 AMC engine, and I fixed it up...I dropped a valve, the piston shattered, and my dad worked me up a rebuilt engine, bored out, and power from hell...I had the only all-time 4X4 that would cruise at 130 mph at half throttle. Then I got my lic at 15....in NM that was the age...I drove and beat the hell out of that jeep for a few years...from the power the engine put out, I replaced the trany one, the front axel once, and the rear axel twice...but my dad owned a NAPA store, so I got huge discounts....then I joined the AF, and I had to leave the Jeep with my parents. They sold it while I was stationed in Japan...and I got $500 back from it...and I owed my dad close to $3000 in parts that he took.

Then when in Japan..I had nothing but beat up cars, and hot souped up cars...I went thru them like a dime a dozen...

Anyways...I'm glad your looking into getting a car at an early age.....do it, save the money, and fix it up. Remember...accidents happen...so get insurance. If you can afford it, get a $200 beater, get it legal, and learn to drive with it....while in the meantime...if you have the money saved, or have parents thats gives you a decent allowance...then start building your monster. But do not consider Honda as your only choice...there are far better cars out there that just needs to be found. Look at my Z...I paid $1400 for it, and it's mint, just had a minor problem with one valve...but it was an easy fix...I can hook it up for less than $2000, and turn around and sell it for $10K's....and that will go for a house if I decide to sell it. And also look at the AE86 I have...I dumped $1400 into getting it, got the donar car for near free, and did all the work myself....WITH A LOT OF HELP FROM ALL THE GUYS HERE...but once it gets up and running...I can expect it to sell for nearly $6K's.....and that money will also go for my house.....

Can you see what I'm getting at?...you don't have to drive the monster to make a better monster...so even without a licence...you can still get a car under your fathers name, or just dont register it for a while, and build it up....when the time comes..and you have a monster, and a licence.....then do the smartest thing possible....sell your beater car that you learned to drive with...and invest that money into a helmet/roll cage....and hit the legal racing venue's if you built the car for racing...or pimp it out at school or college...just park it where the security cameras are pointed.

The best thing to do is plan...plan...plan. Then when you have the funds...invest it in parts...and find the best body you can find...because....your not going to be happy with the power that the normal cars have...regardless...no if's ands or butt's. A swap is iniveitable. And at a yuong age as yourself.....you have plenty of time to save and PLAN.

IMHO...the Z is a better base to build on than a Honda...any engine you can think of will fit in a Z....honda's..your stuck with small engines..and the mod list's will get pretty big after while to make it fast. So just sit back, use your computer, and search around...you have plenty of time to make your plans. If you do go Honda..then the 84-87 CRX is your best bet for a total sleeper....anything from the built turbo motor to a H22 with a turbo can fit under there...but replaceing axels will be your major concern. More power=more broken stuff.

Good lck and Keep lurking ;)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 4 2004, 08:30 PM
you can start by learning how to use forums and posting in the right one.

:locked:
[post=372687]Quoted post[/post]​

again, cuz clayotn had to post that book :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back