wat compression for buddy clup spec 3 cams

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wilshire

Big WIll
ive got a stock b16a2 in my sol, and if i were to get some buddy club spec 3 cams what is the minimum compression i should be running?????

also with the cams i will have buddy clup dual springs, cam gears, skunk2 titanium retainers and 1 mm oversized flat valves, and also a mild port and polish.

thanks in advance

I'd say 10 and up would be fine. The III's are more equivalent to ITR cams, and the III+ are suppose to make a little more.

k thanks, im going with the spec III plus'. stock compression is 10.1-1 an with a thiner cometic headgasket and a little milled off the head i should have around 10.5 or so right???

would valve clearance still be an issue if the shop im going through is gonna preform a vlave job to compensate for the larger valves??? prolly a stupid questoin but... oh well

and yea there going to do a mild port n polish, including port matching the intake runners to the itr mani i got

Last edited:
If you're running larger valves, then you definitely want to clay the motor to make sure there's no contact. The shop should be able to do it for you(if they're building the whole engine for you).

Back