wat motor swap would be perfect

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hi own a 2000 honda civic ex. its 5 speed and a coupe (if that makes any difference) so yea i'm just getting in the game, my car is a DD and would like to have a lil over 300 hp, but will be really hapy if im close to 400hp. i have study all the possiblities with honda motors. i no the LS/vtec, the B18C motor which is wat everyone is tellin me to do and that motor has 210hp, the k20 with a k24 other one ppl are tellin me to do, but i heard r very complicated. i no i can do the b16 type r, H22A or H23A or a H22 head with a H23 block. which some ppl r starting to do now. i have never seen done and thought bout doin a JDM F20B from a accord which has 200 hp stock, havent heard of anyone doing this so im a lil skeptical on doin this swap. tranny's i no a lil bout. i no that the LSD tranny is the best. so wat im tryin to ask here is wat should i do for a swap that would be best for my hp goals. and wat tranny i should do with the swap to get my hp goals. please tell me wat u heard or done with ur swap or swaps and please dont write me a comment sayin money is gonna be an issue. cause that is not the answer i want. honda is a big part of my life and i will me ass off for wat i swap i do.

is money is no problem just get the k20a rr. but other than that i would just build a ls motor up for boost

btw i didnt put this on y thread but my car now has a D16Y8 VTEC SOHC motor. if u think i should keep it and u no i can get my hp goals. let me no

yes i have
y do u ask
because you would realize it's not ideal for a daily driver. most people who have a 300-400hp DD are very strong mechanics and are familiar with building engines. They normally don't post on here asking for which swap is best.

but to answer you question, a K20 would be best (if unlimited money), if not, then an ls motor.

well it will take about 10 grand to get the k20a rr. in the car and thats stock. and you could build the ls for that hp goal for under 5 grand. or you could just build your d16y8 up for boost. its all up to you any of those motors will get you that hp goal.

dude, you really need to spend some time reading the forum. you are asking stuff that has been asked 23514631346 times already on here.

Hi, I own a 2000 Honda Civic EX. Its 5 speed and a coupe (if that makes any difference), so yea i'm just getting in the game. My car is a DD and would like to have a lil over 300 hp, but will be really hapy if im close to 400hp. I have studied all the possibilities with Honda motors. I know the LS/vtec, the B18C motor which is what everyone is telling me to do and that motor has 210hp. The k20 with a k24 block is another one people are telling me to do, but i heard they are very complicated. I know i can do the b16 type r, H22A or H23A or a H22 head with a H23 block which some people are starting to do now. Thought about doing a JDM F20B from an Accord which has 200 hp stock, havent heard of anyone doing this so im a little skeptical on doing this swap. Trannies i know a little about, i know that the LSD tranny is the best. So what i'm trying to ask here is what should i do for a swap that would be best for my hp goals, and what tranny i should do with the swap to get my hp goals. Please tell me what u heard or done with your swap or swaps and please dont write me a comment saying money is gonna be an issue, cause that is not the answer i want. Honda is a big part of my life and i will work my ass off for what swap i do.

somewhat fixed for readability ..

first question:
How much money do you have to spend?

I'm with everyone else when they say you have research to do. We're not going to spoonfeed you. Look up pricing on motors and figure out what you can afford. Then we can assist you

Last edited:
well work rite now and have save bout 500 dollars an probably save for a motor swap or just use that money and boost/turbo my D16 and eventually get a credit card to buy evrything.
y u ask?

somewhat fixed for readability ..

first question:
How much money do you have to spend?

I'm with everyone else when they say you have research to do. We're not going to spoonfeed you. Look up pricing on motors and figure out what you can afford. Then we can assist you

yea i no i wont be spoonfeed. i just need help on wat i should do. i live near orlando, florida and theres a place called JDM tech who gets motors from japan and sells them with 20k to 60k miles on them. they run from 750$'s to 6000$'s. the reason y i wrote this thread is because i just dont no wat to do bout a swap. i have thought bout evry possible swap and just dont no wat to do. thats y i wrote a thread bout wat would be a perfect motor for my HP goals. but i think i may just keep my D16 and boost/turbo it. i got that from research from the guys at TurboD16.com so yea dont worry bou money just tell me wat u think would be oo

go with what you can afford.. it sucks starting a project and not being able to finish it because of money.. i see it happen all the time.. for $500 you arent gonna get much.. you could probably do a junkyard turbo setup on your d16.. which would still be quick... a 200whp Honda is much faster than you think

if you put car parts on a credit card, you deserve a kick in the nuts.

here's what i would do in your situation. piece together a turbo kit. you can do it for $500-$700 if you shop around. install it on your d-series.

if you still need more power, get an LS swap. get a new manifold for your b-series and have a turbo b-series.

if i was to turbo and boost my D16. do u no wat i would get and would i be able to get my HP goals. also heres another situation for me is that i dont no wat size turbo i should get if i went with my D16 build.

Back