Watch your automatic updates for ie7

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HOORAY! I know you hate IE B, but firefox has given me a lot of headaches. Random crashes and freezes up and sometimes takes up 400+ of RAM with just one window opening and broswing. Something is messed up, but I dont really mind since I have another 500mb of RAM to spare. Just annoying. Ive tried re-installs and have all the updates plus no plug-ins. Whatever, but the one thing i do like is its security. Havent had a worm or trojan or anything ever since switch to Firefox with javascript blocker. People who have IE get virsues and etc and call me up all the time to get rid of it. >=(. Ive told them to use FF, but theyre computers are a little slower so the resources and lag times turn them off, especially the sites they go to dont like FF like MTV.

Right now, IE7 blocks several of my XSS methods and FF does not.
IE7 > IE6, so why not get the update and be the first get attacked with a new exploit/worm!?

endlesszeal said:
HOORAY! I know you hate IE B, but firefox has given me a lot of headaches. Random crashes and freezes up and sometimes takes up 400+ of RAM with just one window opening and broswing. Something is messed up, but I dont really mind since I have another 500mb of RAM to spare. Just annoying. Ive tried re-installs and have all the updates plus no plug-ins. Whatever, but the one thing i do like is its security. Havent had a worm or trojan or anything ever since switch to Firefox with javascript blocker. People who have IE get virsues and etc and call me up all the time to get rid of it. >=(. Ive told them to use FF, but theyre computers are a little slower so the resources and lag times turn them off, especially the sites they go to dont like FF like MTV.

1.5.0.5 came out today. make sure you get the update :)

endlesszeal said:

Let me guess... sites chock full of videos, flash, animated images, background music... all the things that make a browser puke.

Like MTV.

hahha yeah, but actually some sites wont even display a video and only IE does. but for me, sometime it jsut crashes on like anandtech.com or having multiple tabs of hondaswap. i cant even use ff to speedtest my broadband because something with weird with java. oh well, still looking foward to IE 7. =)

endlesszeal said:
i cant even use ff to speedtest my broadband because something with weird with java.

speed.jpg

Yes, my upstream bites.

endlesszeal said:
hahha yeah, but actually some sites wont even display a video and only IE does. but for me, sometime it jsut crashes on like anandtech.com or having multiple tabs of hondaswap. i cant even use ff to speedtest my broadband because something with weird with java. oh well, still looking foward to IE 7. =)
your computer sucks.

format it

If some thing does not work FF from what I can tell its bad coding on there part. Also IE seems faster because it is woven into Windows. I have only had great experince with FF.

Also, isnt that why MS got there balls busted was because of them forcing people to use IE. It would seem that using Automatic updates to force you into using it would be a violation of what they where told not to do.

pissedoffsol said:
your computer sucks.

format it

thanks for the non-obvious. but serisouly i need to do that. its bene like 3 yrs and its probably littered with old registry and other various crap thats left over from viruses, spyware, and uninstalled progs.

maybe im going to get a new drive. at newegg, a 320gb Seagate SATA 3.0gps is going for only 95. Crazy.

Back