Water and a Heater motor....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Justin66

The Hondaswap Canadian
Ok this summer in Ontario its be unusually rainy, like almost everyday literally. During the really bad storms and when im driving around in it and i notice afterwards that my blower wont work, until say the day or two later when it dries. Its always worked after it dries.

When it first starts to work, water will come out the floor vent on the passenger side and all over the mat, which i usually see when i go into my car after the rain, and even when im driving and turn on the fan. This week it rained like hell again, but this time the fan hasent come back on, even after 5 or so days of dry weather. When i turn the fan on to full i hear the power drain and nothing happening. This should probably mean that the connections are ok and its getting power BUT the motor is seized?? I guess its from it getting wet soo many times.

- Anyone know where this water would be coming from? Anyone had similar?

- Anyone know where to get a new motor?

It seems like it's getting past the seal on the bottom of the windshield. There's that plastic stuff that they put there as a catch, and sometimes after years the seal begins to fail. When water can get past that, it can find it's way into the firewall, and thus the HVAC system. This is mainly because the air intake for the blower motor is part of the chassis itself, above the firewall, the blower motor sucks air through the channel, pulling air in from where your dash and windshield meet. So if water can make it to that, it will then just fall into the blower motor.

Junkyard.

Honda dealership but pay some coin.

Don't forget to just try and open it up and use some Radioshack or similar Contact Cleaner and maybe you can fix it...I mean, shoot if it's broken the way it is for sure, worth a shot

True true, ill look around the area more for the water and get the SOB off and give it a clean. It was squeaking awhile back on low speed so i assume its got wet, worn off the lube and seized itself. Any way to get to the seal and is it replaceable?

Hopefully without ripping apart the car, thank god its not used for winter, id be fucked, but i still need it working for general defogging and fall weather.

Back