1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Water found in spare tire well

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by cmayna, Oct 26, 2004.

1. cmayna

cmayna Junior Member

My son just picked up a 1994 Integra LS. All looks good except I discovered water in the spare tire well. Thought it might have been a fluke so I dried everything up waiting for the next rain. Lastnight it poured big time and sure enough, there's water in the spare tire well again.

It looks like the rain is running down the hatch opening sides and disappearing under the rear tail light panel findind it's way to the bottom. What can be the cause? Are there drain holes that might be plugged up? Or is there a seal somewhere inside the backend that might not be doing it's job ?

2. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

very possible

3. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Honda seals are notoriously lame after time.

4. UDT

UDT Senior Member

Theres two things it can be as far as im concerned. Behind the paneling where the brake lights are, theres a rubber foam around the brake housing. Believe it or not thats what keeps water out from that area. If the foam padding isint seated right that will do it. Also thers hoses that run down the back pillars from the sun roof, they drain water out aunder the car from the grooves in the sun roof. These hoses connect to an elbow right when htey hit the hatch area, some times the hose comes out of the elbow and drains right into the trunk. Ither way yo ubest bet it remove the back pannel and remove the lower part of the side pannels in the trunk so you can see the elbos and rubbers hoses. Make sure there still connected if they are spray water and the brake lights and see if its coming in there. I m willing to bet its one of the two areas.

5. projectxspeed

projectxspeed Senior Member

I had the exact same problem with my 1995 integra ls
    - Tail light gaskets (as mentioned before)
    - The drain hoses on the left and right (you will have to remove the back
    panels to get to them)
    - The black hose on the hatch in the upper right corner
    - The rear hatch seal
    - The lock for the hatch

These are all the places to check. My problem turned out to be the drain hoses and the hatch lock. Duck tape and silacone fixed my leak good luck with yours

6. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

that happend in my crx; water was coming in through the back of the taillights. i just put duct tape there so it cant enter through there anymore

7. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

cheap and easy solution dril two 1/8 inch holes in the bottom of the well then paint ti good to seal the edges up

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted