Water In My Motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mycivichasturbo

ok heres the story. i jus got a 94 civic 2 dr. i was washing it, and wanted to see if i could get the motor cleaner that it was,so i took the pressure washer to it(i no i relize im a dumb ass now)but anyways i let it sit for a while and went to start it, and it started up fine, but i have to slowly give it gas due to some water in the system i guess. Anyways i figured i would drive it to try and run it out, and when i was driving it i got to about 6grand and punched it. As soon as it took off, it started to bog and it eventually died. it will now not start.........i think its the plugs, but i also want your opinion.

It could also be your dist. You need to leave the hood up. take your plug wires off and let the sun dry all the water inside your plug wells if theres water in there and all you electrical components. When all the water dry take your plugs out and check them. If there water in the engine you need to drain out your oil and flush it with some new oil.

:owned: :owned: :owned:
you got water in the motor? if thats how it is you should have NOT started it as you probably hydrolocked the motor..if not you cracked the rings or put a hole in the pistons....lol..my god

Learn from your mistakes....Don't make something that is supposed to get dirty clean. If you do, put a plastic bag over the distributor and other major wires.

its not that big of a deal... you probably have a little water in the spark plug wells causing the spark to arch... just take compressed air and blow it out *do not remove the spark plugs*

best thing to do is remove all the spark plug wires and remove a spark plug at a time and crank it over...the compresed air that will blow it out whatever is in there....

Washing your engine can cause hydro-lock unless you have it running and spray water into the air cleaner. Its more then likely that you got water into the distributor, or the plug wells.

ok, its been sitting for about 3 days now, and i changed the plugs and its still not starting.....I dont think its getting any spark, because i took a circuit tester and hooked it up to the coil, and the light did nothing, so i think its the coil.
wat else could it be besides the coil.

does the motor sounds like its going to crank over? if its not even starting, at all, its probably water in your distributor or still in your spark plug wells...if this is the problem, an easy solution is to get a bunch of paper towels and push it into the wells with a screw driver until you hit the spark plug...keep repeating this until the well is dry...if the car sounds like its about to crank over, do a compression test like jeff said because you probably got water into the motor....which would have been hard to do unless you sprayed the water into the intake, which if you did, you deserve an ass whooping....

Back