Water leakin into interior...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

beau_safken

Basically my car has always had a little water in the trunk since I bought the car. I was in Colorado so it wasnt a huge issue. It really didnt rain a lot. But now that im in Seattle...ITS A MAJOR PROBLEM :D. I cant figure it out. I checks the seals and they all looked good....

Im really looking for any ideas as to where to look or what to do. Its localized in the trunk area but has been so moist it has started to fog the windows and I really dont want it anymore.

Any ideas?

well in my car, water was leaking through the top of the tail lights. fixed it by duct taping the top so water flowed over the crack.

Pull out the trunks interior and sit in there with a flashlight while a friend sprays it with a hose, it could be cracked seam sealer, worn tail light gasket, torn weather stripping etc.

do like swanny said really or take a dollar bill fold it in half and close it in the trunk under the seal move it around till you find a lose spot.

It is either the tail light gaskets or the antenna/sunroof drain hoses. There is a Y fitting where the drivers side sunroof drain hose meets the antenna drain hose and it comes apart. I used RTV sealer to keep mine together, never leaked again.

Back