Water leaking

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jimboburgess

Go fast, Go Cheap
I had everything ready to go and i am putting water in the engine. then i hear water draining out it is coming from on my turbo. it is a 14b off of a 91 talon tsi. i have all the lines hooked up right, i know it, i am curious why the would be a hole the is obviously suppoesed to be there is there. i am plugging it with a bolt is this ok?

you have water source (i know there is another word for it, but its escaping me) and return lines right. I have never setup a water cooled turbo before (hell my first turbo was this weekend on a 92 B16 hatch). I figured the lines would be like they are on an auto trans.

the water system is a cycle... water in, water out.
just like you have oil feed, oil drain.

do you have the water return just open to the air??

feed...thank you...my mind was just dead the other day

I set up a feed and return for both oil and water. The turbo has two threaded holes one in front and one in back and two (what appears to be) plugged holes one in back and on in front loacted just below the water lines. it is a 14b turbo off of a 91 talon so if anyone is familiar they could shed some light hopefully.

i bet you confused the twosets of holes, your prob pouringwater out of the oil seals, either that or the turbo is a junk

plugged up the hole by running threads in the hole and making a bolt the fit in, then used a copper washer and no more leak. I finally started up the engine and water is running through all the lines and same with the oil lines. Everythings good.

Back