water level low.............cap?????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tip

i have a koyo aluminum radiator with my stock cap on it. the cap never really fit fight from the start but i was told by a few shops that the stock cap would be fine. i don't think it's fine because i can smell antifreeze every time the car gets hot and so i think the coolant is getting out there. has anybody had any problems like this before. or does anybody know of a cap that will fit on the koyo 100% correct

i would think it would fit, you should check all of your coolant lines including the ones by the intake manifold and if nothing changes just replace the cap

I had a cheapo aluminum rad and the cap fit like shit on it too. It would spit small amounts of antifreeze out when it got hot.

I replaced it with the stock rad and everything was golden after that.

For awhile I bent the lil ears that grab the cap flange in so it held the cap to the flange tighter. Try that first. :)

i had to bend the ears out a little just to get the sob on in the first place. mainly just looking to see if someone else has had this problem and if so then which brand cap fit good and this is not a stock rad.made by koyo it is a alu. aftermarket

Back