water pump install

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

simplyfast

so i start in on this thing thinkin it will be only mildy harder than a stock b series in a del sol...with time comes knowledge tho, and i learned something.

does anyone know of a shortcut so i dont need to take off the alternator, alt bracket, or balancer belt?

this wp reminds me of a ford probe install a friend did, it took him 10 hours.

not my car, i suggested it, but the customer doesnt want it. i can get the belt for $22, the balancer belt for $11, and both tensioners for $30 but they are on a budget...til the future right?

i never half ass anything, but i was thinkin there might be a shortcut. i strongly doubt it, but it doesnt hurt to ask ya know?

Originally posted by simplyfast@Dec 9 2003, 10:41 PM
not my car, i suggested it, but the customer doesnt want it. i can get the belt for $22, the balancer belt for $11, and both tensioners for $30 but they are on a budget...til the future right?

i never half ass anything, but i was thinkin there might be a shortcut. i strongly doubt it, but it doesnt hurt to ask ya know?

true! But might as well wait till you do it all!

yeah i should wait til she is willin to pay for it all but she needs the car like yesterday.
she'll pay for it in the end cause if either belt goes out, im gonna charge her double for everything. im also gonna take my sweet ass time with it as well.
she is just a typical woman driver tho...drives her car a quart and a half low of oil, half a quart low of tranny fluid, a two cylinder stumble in her engine (i found it was due to leaky valve cover seals), and screeching brakes.

I wouldnt have tried to put an f22 in a del sol, i mean the least upgrade i would have done is a d16 or a b16, maybe even an LS.I don't blameyou for chargeing her extra either...poeple like that should be driveing in the 1st place

Back