Water reserviour low???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spydy43

Right now I am running a t3 super 60 on a d16y8 with 10lbs of boost. Everytime I am out and boost pretty good my water level drops and my reserviour tank is almost empty. I have noticed some of the water is being pushed out the top of the tank but other times its not. The motor has been leak down tested and seems fine. This only happens when I boost. I also noticed little black specks in the water. I have also checked my oil and there is no sign of water. Does this happen to anyone else? Anyone have any idea what it could be?

is your turbo water cooled and oil lubed, or just oil lubed?
if it has water passages, it could be leaking somewhere...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 24 2004, 02:28 PM
is your turbo water cooled and oil lubed, or just oil lubed?
if it has water passages, it could be leaking somewhere...
[post=394358]Quoted post[/post]​

Just oil lubed, I was out tonight and it started overflowing spraying all over from the tank. It only happens when I boost and when its at idle the water doesnt look like its boiling. It has a cometic head gasket, I cant figure it out

Has anybody had problems with cometic head gaskets and them sealing properly?

it very well could be a bad seal on the headgasket, and the black specks are oil clots.

might also be your headstuds not being cranked to spec.

One other thing that I have been noticing that after boosting sometimes my temperature gauge goes to hot but it does not stay their it will drop up and down like it cant make up its mind if its hot or cold. Could their be something electronic that is causing part or all of the problem to happen?

Idle your car with the radiator cap off, make sure it gets really hot and the fan comes on at least once, if you see lots of little bubbles it's your head gasket. I recently blew mine, but the only symptoms I had were my overflow tank filling up, my car never overheated once and it drove fine. If it is your head gasket I would recommend a Honda OEM head gasket and also use copper spray.

Back