1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

water temp gauge install

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by civic15.8, Apr 23, 2004.

1. civic15.8

civic15.8 Senior Member

yea I know I posted this in the general maintenance but no one there answered my question. And maybe some of you dont go in there so im posting it here. And i figured someone had to have installed one of these on there turbo motor so here is the original ?

where the heck do i screw this thing into on the motor i have searched and searched but didnt find what i need. it is an autometer mechanical water temperature guage and i need to know where to screw the thing in? thanks

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

whats the fitting look like?

i've seen temp gauges that hook to water seeker, the thermostat area, tap into a heater hose, and all kinds of places water flows.

3. ScrapinSi

ScrapinSi Senior Member

For the autometer gauge, you need to remove the water neck, and drill & tap a hole for it. Then DO NOT teflon tape the fittings, as it affects the readings, but after you tap the hole & install the sending unit, put RTV around the sending unit to prevent leaking. The reason that it will leak is because the sending unit is NPT which is pipe thread, which is tapered. And unless you have a pipe thread drill & tap.... well... you know.... ;)

4. civic15.8

civic15.8 Senior Member

yea i was thinking it is like the one scrapinsi said thanks sorry i didnt respind sooner i was out of town

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted