1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

water trouble...need help!!

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by slowhonda21, Sep 19, 2004.

1. slowhonda21

slowhonda21 Junior Member

ok so just recently we got dumped on with tons of rain.....i drove through a little water that i thought wouldnt hurt my car...well my cold air intake sucked it up and its now in my oil.....it runs though and i have been and will keep changing the oil frequently to hopefully fix my problem....if anyone has any advice please tell me bc i need the help.....thanks

2. 94RedSiGal

94RedSiGal Senior Member

How watery is your oil now? How many oil changes have you done?

3. slowhonda21

right now im getting ready for my third oil change...it looks kinda milky but has improved..im just hoping for the best right now cause i cant afford...u know anything else i should try??

4. 94RedSiGal

94RedSiGal Senior Member

I think that you just need to keep changing the oil. If the oil is milky looking, then rub some of it between two fingers and see how thin it is compared to a sample of new oil. You don't want to spin a rod. That's your main concern. If the oil in your engine seems thick enough, run it, let the heat of the running engine burn off the remaining water inside. Since the oil is thin, don't rev your engine high until your oil looks good.

Otherwise, there is a some chance that your head gasket is leaking now. So check your coolant in your radiator for traces of oil. In the weeks to come, check your oil level to make sure it isn't increasing and that your aren't losing coolant in your radiator.

5. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

how the fuck did you get water in your oil by sucking it up through the intake??? something else is wrong. i'm surprised it runs.

6. 94RedSiGal

94RedSiGal Senior Member

Do you think that coincidentally, his head gasket is bad, and he's just noticed the watery oil... since he was checking out his car so carefully after going through some deep puddles?

7. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

must be, i see now way for water ingested by the intake finding its way into the oil. unless he blew out some rings instead of hydrolocking the motor.

8. 94RedSiGal

94RedSiGal Senior Member

I just replaced the head gasket on the Si. No obvious white exhaust vapor plumes, but the engine was "producing oil".... and it was watery oil of course. The coolant level in the radiator never noticeably dropped though. I am so glad that my bf noticed the rising oil level last month. (Thank you Matt! And also for changing the head gasket!) :)

9. slowhonda21

i think its fixed....i called the honda dealer but there ass never called back like they said so i went to a local performance shop to see what they thought.....they said to look under the vavle cover and clean anything under there...well they were right .....we took a look at and there was a creamy white substance that was kinda thick. after having cleaned it out, the oil has cleared up...thanks to those who responded to my post...
    ian

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted