1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waxin My Ek

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by JDMFreak405, Apr 11, 2003.

1. JDMFreak405

JDMFreak405 Junior Member

hello HS addicts,

im curious if you guys can give me some pointers before i screw something up... i never wax a car before. this is my first car and i had it over a year. i think it time for it to be shiny again... or try to be shiny for that matter... i was thinking that should i wax the by piece (i.e. fender then hood...etc.) or i should just put wax on the whole car and then clean it up? what your opinion on this? and what brand do you guys like most or would recommend me using?

thank alot guys

JDMFreak

2. Mlodsin

Mlodsin Junior Member

I usually wax the entire car before I wipe it down. This gives the wax time to dry. If you are going to wax, i would also polish it before you wax, this enhances the paint. Check the Meguiars website for some good info on waxing procedure.

3. JDMFreak405

JDMFreak405 Junior Member

thx for the 411 Mlodsin

4. YangpaNemsay

YangpaNemsay Senior Member

First wash the car, preferable in a shady cool place (evening, early morning) so you wax it in a shady cool place.

5. kyleirwin

kyleirwin Retired OG

:werd: . as much as you want to go wash your car out in the hot sun it your boardshorts... don't do it. do it in a nice shady place, if the sun is beating down on the wet car and dries the water before you get the chance to dry it yourself, it will leave waterspots/runs and you'll have to wash it again. also when you're waxing, be sure not to get the wax on any plastics or like window trim, it will dry in there and it is nearly impossible to get off... and it looks like shit. as for procedure, wax on... wax off... circular motions... just like the karate kid :) . for wax... can't go wrong with meguiars. good luck.

6. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

use a chamois to dry the car off with after you wash it.

7. Tonyd0821

Tonyd0821 Banned

:werd: :withstupid:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted