WAY better body!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

hybrid4

I just put a 91 intake in my 88 crx si. There are 2 hoses, 1 on the back above the iacv and 1 on the t.b. above #1 injector. There where 2 nipples there on the 88 tb and nothing on the back for the other mystery hose. Also, there is a square plug hanging on the back right of the i.m. but nothing on my harness to plug it into. The wires are bu bk/yw i think. Can i run without that? Also, someone tell me how to route these damn things. thanx
P.S. title caught your eye huh? pervz :p

yeah theres this thing and it connects to two things, well if i only connect one of the things that comes from the thing and goes to the thing will my thing be ok?

jj mang

i dunno, pics would help alot.

the 2 wires that are hanging off the back of the IM are one of the sensors that are on the firewall

88 CRX SI Y8 VTEC W/ 91 SI INTAKE AND THROTTLE BODY. Last time i checked i could have sworn my car was a hybrid. hmmm..................swapping intakes and tb, map sensors..............YUP! this is the right forum. ANYWAY, are the 88 maps differant from the 89-91's? Maybe that will fix it. I dont have a camera, sorry. But i know i have seen posts over the past 2 years about this problem. Someone that knows something is more than welcome to answer my question. ;)

The 88 intake manifold is different from the 89-91. It doesnt have the fast idle valve on the back of the manifold near the IACV so just leave it hanging because your car doesnt use it. The two nipples on the throttle body is: one for EVAP canister on firewall (emissions only, i plugged mine off) and the second one is for the MAP sensor, also located on the firewall, which is DEFINATLY needed. If you have any more questions about it, PM me.
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back