We are stuck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Its not the fork or the bolt or the cable, yet, & certainly not the "fuel"<<<LOL. The tranny has been out so many times now that I can have it out in a matter of minutes. Its sitting on the bench still without any idea as to what is wrong. Can the cable stretch? We noticed with the cable off of the trans we can push the lever up almost to its max point BEFORE hitting the pressure plate.

Im with phyregod on this one. Yes, cables stretch when worn. Check the cable right at the clutch pedal point behind the dash. If you clearly(loudly) heard a snap then that is probably where it snapped. It may have not snapped completely, it will slightly pull with few strands. You say you've pulled the tranny a few times and found nothing. Only so much can go. Its a very simple system.

Also, when you push the clutch pedal in the car, do you see the cable move in the compartment? Have somebody hold the fork side of clutch with some vise grips to simulate the clutch fork, and push the clutch pedal. Let us know your results.

I would even check the pin that holds the cable to the clutch pedal.

Seek and destroy homie.:D

Im with phyregod on this one. Yes, cables stretch when worn. Check the cable right at the clutch pedal point behind the dash. If you clearly(loudly) heard a snap then that is probably where it snapped. It may have not snapped completely, it will slightly pull with few strands. You say you've pulled the tranny a few times and found nothing. Only so much can go. Its a very simple system.

Also, when you push the clutch pedal in the car, do you see the cable move in the compartment? Have somebody hold the fork side of clutch with some vise grips to simulate the clutch fork, and push the clutch pedal. Let us know your results.

I would even check the pin that holds the cable to the clutch pedal.

Seek and destroy homie.:D

The cable moves the lever. It moves it full stroke like it should. There is a pin that holds the cable to the pedal? It just slid right off without any work at all.

this shit happend too me too. and wat it was is that i didnt torque the presure plate correctly. are you installing your clutch with the right tourque specs. im just saying cuz i remember that day......=)

Well we changed the pressure plate and clutch plate and it got better. So then I ordered a clutch cable and all is good now. The cable musta been stretched. Thanx for all the ideas fellas.

"yes, cables do stretch when worn" ;) ::quote un quote::

Well I got so used to the stage 2 clutch now im running a stock replacement till I can take the clutch parts out to Fidanza so they can bench test their stuff and IF they give me new parts then I will put it back in. I cant run with the new clutch cause it SUCKS. lol

The joys of tuning. Once you go better, you can't go back. That's what keeps us all in debt.

That is SO true. Well I dont think I can even hit the track till I get the stage 2 back in this pig. I put nitrous on it and im not sure how long the cheapy clutch will last.:D I beat the hell outta this thing and it just loves it. Normal driving on the streets< the car dont like. After the first run down the track the car runs 10x better and wants more and more. Go figure.

Back