We made our own little private weekend track...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
Well we didn't but that truck driving school did...

kind of pointless but it was fun.

We were driving around in Pa looking for something to do. We finished up the Merc. So me and this chick, my friend in the Merc and this other guy in a 256k mile 1997 A4 took a ride, thinking we might be able to find something to do instead of sitting in the house. So as we're driving, I noticed this old truck driving school, we pulled in to find a big paved area and a shitload of cones and barrels.

The kid in the A4 couldn't pass up the oppurtunity and started setting up cones. Made a small 30-40 second track with a bunch of turns and a 4 point slalom because we ran out of barrels. Then he went ripped it up. We couldn't get accurate times becuase the chick was half retarded or something and kept fucking up the timer. When we finally got someone that had enough intelligence to use it, the kids A4 did it in 36.XX seconds.

I did it in 41.Xx cause I have crappy front tires and my A4 tends to understeer more than I wanted it to. Then the Mercury attempted it and hit about 12 cones and sideswiped a barrel, that kid can't drive straight on the road but still kind of completed our crappy track in 1 minute and 4 seconds. After I got the hang of it and took a little air out of my front tires and filled the rears a bit more I did it in 37.XX seconds.

We played around awhile longer until my friends boss comes rolling in with his corvette. Turns out, he owns the that truck driving school and owns that lot. He says we can use it on the weekends if we ask him. He even tried our really crappy course with his vette, did it in a little under 30.XX without really trying.

That's it, it was the highlight of the weekend.

I don't have much left of my rear pads anymore, but it was worth it.

either auto-x isn't vry big down here, or i just don't know about it, but its' something i'd love to try...

Yeah, texas is geared more toward drag racing... Alot of drag strips around here. Not alot of autox.

Are you guys on texasracingscene.com?? There are TONS of AutoX and Road Races that happen ALL THE TIME, ALL OVER TX... And down in TX, you can AutoX ANYTHING... I watched a guy in a 2004 dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 lay down times faster than miatas & s2000's...

Damn sounds like fun. Makes me wish I could drive (legally). This fucking blows. But I mainly can't wait till I sell my car and buy my Nissan, I wanna go fourwheeling!

Yea it's tons of fun. We need to buy some more cones though, it just isn't big enough.

I think I did pretty well, especially for a stock car. And I put almost 30K on mine since June. I bought it at 149,XXX, it's at 176,5XX now. If I bought it new and kept my driving habits consistent, in 8 years I'd have close to 600k on it.

My rear brakes are worthless now. I'd say it has maybe 3-4 mm's left, but they needed to be replaced anyway.

That chick is just too stupid for me to even think about sleeping with her.

Quoted post[/post]]
either auto-x isn't vry big down here, or i just don't know about it, but its' something i'd love to try...

You just don't know... and you live right in the center of all the Texas motorsports goodies. :p

Quoted post[/post]]
texas must suck then... there's 4 clubs and 3 national events witing 3 hours drive from me.

You and your preconceived notions about how much Texas sucks. Whatever.

Quoted post[/post]]
Are you guys on texasracingscene.com?? There are TONS of AutoX and Road Races that happen ALL THE TIME, ALL OVER TX... And down in TX, you can AutoX ANYTHING... I watched a guy in a 2004 dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 lay down times faster than miatas & s2000's...

:werd:

There's TONS of racing all over Texas. Drag racing, shitloads of autocross, road courses, high speed cannonball run style races, even drift. The Dallas / Fort Worth area is where most of it goes down, but Houston is coming up pretty fast again (non-drag)- and the Austin area has a VERY strong autocross community. Texas Motorsports Ranch is in Ft Worth, and one just broke ground in Houston.

The best thing for all you autocross and road course fans is that everyone in Texas races all year- not just in the spring/summer months.

SA & Austin are HUGE AutoX places... And from what I'm gathering, Houston seems to be getting really big with the D1 Circuit.

I'm heading to San Antonio Raceway tomorrow night to watch some drag racing, and maybe run the rental car. :)

Back