WEAK VTEC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Accordturbo94

Well guys when i put my car away for the winter i was having problems with the vtec pulling hard like it normally does! Its an h22 in an accord! Anyways I bring it back out now that its warmer out and I need to figure it out.. Im running a vtec controller on the motor and a p13 ecu. Something that ive noticed is it doesnt pull as hard and doesnt sound as loud as normal when its going into vtec.. there is a diffrence right now from low cam to high cam but it just doesnt pull as hard! What gives.. there are no C.E.L

you might still give it a try. the injector pwm increases when vtec is engaged so maybe its not getting the fuel it needs.

i see alot of well driven cars at work that an inj flush works wonders w/.

yeah oil level is fine.. the injectors are good... shouldnt really change how it goes into vtec either way.. I couldnt get i figured out last time either.. this is just a lost cause.. Ive tryed to much.. Im out of ideas!

Ive taking the whole vtec assembly off and cleaned that out too! should be good if that was the problem... but it didnt help! Ive checked timing I just dont get this POS

ur oil level could b fine but it probably doesnt create enough pressure 4 the pin 2 activate the wild lobe in higher rpms, which is y u hear that change in the engine sound note. try changing the oil. hope that helps.
dont loose hope buddy hang in there.

thinner oil, check your timing, check the plugs, wires, diz cap,

check grounding, check water level, do the inj cleaner.....

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Mar 3 2004, 11:20 AM
VTEC is supposed to be weak. cmon!

no really, check your vtec fluid. :lol:

If your going to write stupid shit... do it somewhere else! Im trying to figure out my car.. take your turbo mirage as shove the pos up your friggin ass pal!

Originally posted by JDMilan@Mar 3 2004, 11:07 AM
thinner oil, check your timing, check the plugs, wires, diz cap,

check grounding, check water level, do the inj cleaner.....

So far I reset the timing... I just cant get it right... i had a buddy replace the distrubutor and when I went and timed it this weekend i couldnt get it to go to zero! you know line the mark up with the flywheel... it wouldnt let me rotate it enough! I dont think the timing was moved from before... and if i remember right i still had vtec pulling strong afterwords... yes as a matter a fact i did!

Well guys...last night it was raining pretty bad out and decided I would take off my C.A.I and throw the filter on the throttle body! I take it out and notice its much smoother...so I go into vtec and it pulls like a mother f-er again!! What ended up happening is was that the filter was smoothering the intake pipe! a couple months ago my airfilter fell of and i put a diffrent filter on it... it was a little to large.. so i put it a little farther on the pipe... i guess it was blocking the intake pipe to much and wouldnt let it breath that extra bit when vtec kicked in!! What a great day! It doesnt get any better when your out on a first date with a super hot chick... and you figure out your car on the date too!

Back