Weapon-R DC2 Intake on EG?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dymond

Wondering if a Weapon-R DC2 short ram intake would fit on a JDM D15b and in the engine bay of a '95 EG? Here's a pic....

Thanks.

IMG00045.jpg

it looks like it might hit the battery. might have to relocate

Battery is out of the way. If anything; you'd have to worry about it hitting the shock tower or distributor. I'm going to guess it should not be a problem though because that's an easy fix.

i dont think it'll fit.. i think i tried to use the Injen off my GSR on my b16 EG and it didnt fit right... might have been because the strut bar was in the way.. cant remember, over 2 years ago

intake

I had the same one on my 94 hatch... temporarily. It was a tight fit. It touched the distributor and there was no reliable way of mounting it without cluttering my engine bay with an over-sized rigged-up bracket.

I had the same one on my 94 hatch... temporarily. It was a tight fit. It touched the distributor and there was no reliable way of mounting it without cluttering my engine bay with an over-sized rigged-up bracket.

So you would suggest that I just use it temporarily? Thanks for the input

All you're really getting out of this is the filter man. Unless the price is pretty close to free its not worth the hassle. The last thing you want is to hit a bump and have your intake come off right? You'd almost be better off doing it old school and drilling holes in a stock air box if you have nothing. Keep your money so you can get the right parts for your car, thats my opinion and experience anyway.

Back