Website Virgin - Need Help/Suggestions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so i've gotta ask, how far away from your current gym is the new location that you are opening?

and is your lady going to be running daytime sessions?
or are you planning to sub/rent out your space to other trainers during the day?
could probably get a yoga class going in there, along with a few other types of classes that i can think of.
seems a waste to have such a large chunk of the day with no income activities

Last edited:
so i've gotta ask, how far away from your current gym is the new location that you are opening?

and is your lady going to be running daytime sessions?
or are you planning to sub/rent out your space to other trainers during the day?
could probably get a yoga class going in there, along with a few other types of classes that i can think of.
seems a waste to have such a large chunk of the day with no income activities

Depending on traffic, this gym is 30-40 minutes away from where we currently work out. We won't be taking clients - which was our goal. We didn't involve that business owner in our decision but since he built a good community that we are a part of, it didn't seem fair to hurt his business.

We'll stand on our own two feet without having to ride his coattails.

We've thought about yoga (her) and muay thai/kickboxing (me when I get my sports hernia and back operated on) in the future. Generally crossfits only offer CrossFit and then if they're really well put together - yoga courses and a physical therapist, massage therapist, and/or chiropractor.

If the gym grows large enough and there's a demand, we'll hire a part time employee to run the place during the day. As it stands, most of the traffic - except for housewives - is before or after working hours. If the business grows so large that we need to open up offerings, she'll eventually leave her job to run the place full time - but it would have to grow to the point that it's within $20,000 or so of her annual income, otherwise it would just make more sense to pay someone else looking to get into the industry (after having them sign a non compete within 15miles) to run it during the day.

Well we're live and we're open.

Scheduling the Grand Opening was a nightmare because of the move that we had to make from one place to another. We then had to wait on the town for a CO before we could open our doors to the public.

We had to push the date back three times or so and we couldn't heavily promote before hand because we weren't sure if we would get the CO which was scheduled for Thursday before the opening on Saturday.

It was great to have family and friends out with us to celebrate. I proposed, in private, when my fiance and I worked out for the last time before we opened the gym to the rest of the world.

This week is the heavy promoting and actively seeking out members.

We are heavily pushing a referral program, soliciting at the local Fire, EMT, Police Dept, and Military Recruiter and working with Groupon, Living Social, and Amazon Local.

Everything is great - I just wish that it was earlier in the year and it wasn't getting so cold or dark so late - so that we could be outside more so people could see us!

Back