Webster Bank rant

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
All I can say right now, beyond furious.

More details later.

Who do all the CT. guys bank with?

I had them for 8 years, but then i switched to TD Bank North for free ATM's, webster bank would not do it for me so i left them, i think they may do it now though. Really never had a problem with them at all. Have my mortgage though them as well.

Make sure you don't make any large deposits if you switch to them, they'll close your account.

i used to have eagle federal. when webster bought them out, i left.
screw big banks.

i use farmington savings and valley bank.

Last edited:
How do you like them?

Gone are the days of Bristol savings and Britol Federal. Nothing like them now. I honestly can't believe this crap today. I'm heading down there now to get shit straightened out, I'll post back the story soon.

shutters at the thought of wachovia

my dad lost his job because of Wachovia. my dad was a Vice President for a big bank in Virginia called Central Fidelity Bank then Wachovia bought them out and my dad ended up losing his job because they didnt need him or the department he managed. he was Vice President over all the ATM/computer stuff that they used. fuck Wachovia...

i've been with farmington since 96? or so...

no issues.

the only problem i have with them is atm fees. They don't payback or anything like that, and they only have a few atm's in town. that's really the only downside.

just for having direct deposit, i have a $1000 window of overdraft. no fees so long as i have funds in the account before end of statement if in case something didn't get deposited yet or something. i've never had to use it, but its nice to know if i screw up accounting, i won't get hit with a $35 fee.

I know, I've been in a work mess lately.

When does the season start?

couple weeks...

i think there's 2 more weeks of payoffs then 1 week off? i'm not sure.. i'll get the date from justin.

I have two Wachovia accounts, one joint with the wife so she has access to pay something on the home mortgage and HELOC loan, or if I need to shoot her some cash if I'm out of town...like Florida for two months, and an account for me to just cash checks for the HELOC to deposit it where ever I need it. I have a Chase bank account that my paycheck get direct deposited into, and I pay all my other bills from that with no problems, and I also have my car loan going thru them. Countrywide for the mortgage and HELOC loan, Citibank for the business credit card and also another account there for my student loans. I have a Macy's visa card for emergancies...and thats it. The rest of my money is tied up in Fidelity for the 401K and saving plans.

With that huge mass of confusing bank accounts and crap...I've never had any major problems.

I've had Bank of America for years now, and never had a problem. I also have an account at People's Bank (the one in Stop & Shop). A while ago, I had an account at Naugatuck Savings Bank, and I have never had a problem with any of them...

Back