Weight difference (B16 vs B18)??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

czar

Does anyone know the differences in actual engine weight between a B16 & B18 ?

I'm looking for the least amount of weight over the front wheels for handling reasons, but i'd like to know if the B16 is really that much lighter than a B18 series engine.

Thanks.

Nor-Cal.

My car will be used for open track so i want the front as light as possible for tire wear, handling balance reasons. But if the difference aint much, i would go for a b18. But if the difference is something like 50lbs, that would be something to think about. Its a "balance" thing.......

'88 CRX w/Spoon & Mugen equipment is my car by the way.

not much of a weight difference, I would say maybe like 10-20 lbs if that. the 1.8 blocks are 8mm taller.

If it's only 10-20lbs difference, i have a question.

Why go with a b16 over a b18? It seems a b18 offers more power & torque potential with its bigger displacement over the b16.

But i've yet to see actual figures on how much each engine weighs. Has no one ever weighed these engines?

a lot of people go with the b16 over the b18 for cost reasons. and the weight difference isnt going to be that much of a hassle if your worried about weight/balance. just get the b18, you will be happier.

Back