weight differences

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jimboburgess

Go fast, Go Cheap
What is the difference in weight between a d series engine and a b series, will i need to change my springs? I put different springs to lower my car.

you can run the same springs
the weight difference is something like 30lbs i think

I left my car low when i did my D to B swap, no issues at all.
The weight difference is not worth worrying about unless you are too low.

Set a 40lb weight on your motor and look at your wheel gap.

I did the same swap D to B ls swap not any diffrence at all. If you car is a auto and your putting a manual in it it will be more lighter with the manual. Nothing to sweat over actually looks like a stock SI civic. Now the H22s are what you gotta worry about not the B series.

ya boy steveo

Coming from someone who scales and adjusts ride height and corner weight of his car, if you went from no power steering and no AC to the same thing, and MT to MT, you will be exactly 106lbs more, adding 4.78% weight to your car, and less that 1.5% the front wheels, that is like taking a 14 year old car out in your car. You will not notice a thing.

(if you went from a d16, to a b16 the difference is 94lbs)

Have fun, and buy a LSD before you have to buy new tires.

Todd

'Wings and body kits don't make you go faster'

lol 40 lbs diff in b and d series,
no no like 100 pounds
Go d series turbo you will be about 75 pounds lighter then the same car with a b-series swap and have more horsepower(about 9psi boost) with the turbo setup

Go d series turbo you will be about 75 pounds lighter then the same car with a b-series swap and have more horsepower(about 9psi boost) with the turbo setup

But i already did the swap my wheels fit fine up front and scrap the body a tiny bit when i throw it around corners. Saving 75lbs is not a good enough reason to not do a "b" swap considering i got it all done for $950 (cost of car + all the wrenching myself) and what the results of sticking a turbo on the B motor. This site is great by the way i couldn't've done it with checking double checking and triple checking this site. I may have joined in early may but i was on this site since i started planning the swap in Feb. it answered all my questions up until then.

Clif notes: I did the swap everything worked out; I really like this site.

Before
9818d934.jpg

After
DCP_0013.jpg

Looks good , how many miles came on the engine
how long did it take you to swap it in
did you just buy a complete swap or did you collect all the pieces
thats a good price anyway

126K on the engine, took me 3 days, i bought a wrecked integra, then radiator foward was crap. did it 70% myself 30% with the help of the guys at the shop i did it at, family freind so i could use all their tools.
day one: pull the teg engine
DCP_0001.jpg

day two: pull my engine
DCP_0006.jpg

day three: put it all together and as a bonus throw the teg brakes on my car.
DCP_0010.jpg

day four-five: have a tone of fun driving around, burning rubber for the first time.
day six evening: freak out because my car is over heating
day seven morning: finish the swap by connecting and clamping on on of the vacuum tubes i missed.

Back