weight distribution!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BLKWDW

the stock WD of a crx is 62-f/38-r now if you swap an h22a into it, it becomes
65-f/35-r what would i have to do to bring it more to a 60:40 ratio?

add more weight to the rear of the vehicle.

or make a good amount of weight reduction in the front of the vehicle.
get rid of a/c, p/s , use a carbon fiber hood and fenders.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Aug 12 2003, 04:41 PM
add more weight to the rear of the vehicle.

or make a good amount of weight reduction in the front of the vehicle.
get rid of a/c, p/s , use a carbon fiber hood and fenders.

Also, relocate the battery to the trunk

with adjustable height coilovers you can tune the WD, you need to have it done on corner scales

what exactly is the ideal weight distrobution? i fugured the more weight you have up front the more traction you'll have, or am i completely wrong on that?

you want 60/40 front/rear and 50/50 side/side. you are right, having the more weight up front helps with traction. this is how fwd and awd road course cars are balanced, so i dont think it affects understeer too greatly.

i'm figuring: more weight up front means more traction, but that also means more understeer. traction=good, understeer=bad. so however you set it up, it will ahve its good points and bad points.

50/50 side to side is hard to get (with the driver in the car) without adding static weight or compleatly fucking up the geometry

go for 60/40 front to rear and 50/50 corner to corner (corner to corner is more important than side to side)

again this is for autox/road course type shit
im guessing that a CRX with an H22 in it probly wont be seeing a lot of that so if its for drag put as much of the weight as you can up front

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Aug 15 2003, 02:22 PM
not all of us live our lives one 1/4 mile at a time

for those 10 seconds or less

Originally posted by 90 accord@Aug 14 2003, 06:44 AM
i'm figuring: more weight up front means more traction, but that also means more understeer. traction=good, understeer=bad. so however you set it up, it will ahve its good points and bad points.

I've actually read that a slight amount of understeer at the end of the turn can be a good thing. It helps you make your exits fast and wide. This does become a problem when the natural understeer of FWD cars is multiplied by nasty weight distribution and ricey wings.

Back