weight loss challenge

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seany-izzle

Alright, well im fat, i need to lose weight. i weigh in at a plump 220, not a fit 220, fat. my goal is to lose 20 pounds at first, then set goals for 5 pounds every 10 days. Its actually quite simple. Its called consistency and dedication. ive been doing it for 2 weeks straight already and i already lost 8 pounds. Here is what i do:

Diet:
cut out condiments (mayo, mustard, ketchup, relish etc etc).
reduce cheese intake.
no more white bread, ONLY wheat.
reduce red meat intake. (yes, i LOVE steak, nothing better than a angus steak)
exchange red meat for white meat (turkey sandwiches, chicken breast sandwichs)
Salads....lots of salad.
Drink only water and milk (fuck beer, fuck soda, fuck that shit)
Obviously, no fast food, no order out, no take out. (no chinese, pizza, wings, etc)

Workout schedule:

M-F:
8 minute abs (twice, not necessarily in a row)
8 minute buns :wink:
40lb fast pace workout (military press, standing curls, bent barbell rows, lying barbell extensions, etc... see ironworkout.com
5 minute football drill (run in place, hands up or pumping, drop to the ground every seconds and get back into running in place position) two times.
You dont need to do this all at once, take a break after the 2 or 3 8-min workouts, break after the weight workout, and rest between football drills.

7 days a week:
125-150 crunches before bed (doing 25-30 of each, lower, mid, upper abs, right side, left side)
45 pushups when i wake up, 45 before bed. (15 flat, 15 incline, 15 decline)

M,W,F:
RUN (not jog) atleast 1 mile straight OR jog/run in .3 mile parts for 2.4 miles

Sat & Sun:
100 crunches when i wake up, 100 before i go to bed (3 parts each)

weekends is "rest", cuz who wants to workout during football??? plus i leave sunday to be my day of eat "whatever" i want (except fast food and delivery pizza)

I am dedicated to get below 200 pounds, im not sure how long this will take, but im hoping to do this before 2006, that leaves Oct, Nov, and Dec, i might be a little too optimisic.

So, HEY, come on guys. we all know that each and everyone of us wants to look better and feel better. The daily routine takes a mere hour out of my day, maybe a little more depending on how i feel. The diet isnt really a diet, just a modification of what you usually eat, and the workout isnt hard really, all you gotta do is do it and you realize how easy it really is. Im going to use the blog section to record my daily workouts and track my weekly weight-loss progress.

whos with me?? you dont even need to do what i do, do something that you want to do. I put this together myself and im happy with it, it gives me more energy and gets me off the couch.

[joe]LETS DO IT!!!!![/joe]

i'm fat too and i want to loose weight but just reading that made me hungry and i lost my breath.....

Were you pretty much inactive before? Sounds like quite a shock to your body to go to that from inactivity. Do too much and you'll burn yourself out too quickly, slack off and go back to where you were. Willpower might be getting you through now, but you don't want to find yourself wanting to give up after the novelty starts to wear off. Start out a little slower and build your way up and you'll be able to keep it up for the long term.

Of course all this may not apply and you can maintain the workout schedule and diet without any problems. If so, :thumbsup: :mrgreen:

its only been two weeks, but i wasnt TOTALLY inactive before. I mtn bike pretty regularly, well not anymore cuz its fucking FREEZING here now.

Congratulations.

Definately not what I see as an ideal program in terms of a workout routine, but the diet doesn't look bad.

Search the forums on www.wannabebig.com for healthy diets and recipes. There's an entire thread that has a huge list of "What a bodybuilder eats". It helps pretty much everyone who doesn't have a clue whats good and whats bad to eat, its all healthy non processed food alternatives to the crap that people eat in modern America today.

Since you're doing your 40lb dumbbell circuit, you might want to check out a HST routine. Hypertrophy-specific Training. Its a full body routine, three times a week, that works wonders when done correctly. The downside is you have to have a gym membership or a full olympic weight set in order to do the routine because its based upon maxes. You'll stagnate very quickly using 40lbs constantly, weight lifting is all about progression.

well im not looking to get big, nor am i looking to gain alot of muscle. the 40lb routine is what im at now, i will progessively put more weight on it, its more of a fast paced workout then a slower muscle building workout. all im doing this for is to lose weight, and to lose weight you gotta get the heart rate up and be actually doing something, which i am. I dont want to get built, big, or muscular, i just want to slim down.

i could care less about gaining maximum muscle and shit, but i do know what youre saying cuz building muscle burns fat.

its something that i can stick with, its diverse enough for me to keep it interesting for me too. I have a running partner so that works well, plus all the workout stuff i do i can do in my apt, so that works well for me too. It may not be the mose scientific routine or the most muscle building, but thats not what i want.

Quoted post[/post]]
Congratulations.

Definately not what I see as an ideal program in terms of a workout routine, but the diet doesn't look bad.

Search the forums on www.wannabebig.com for healthy diets and recipes. There's an entire thread that has a huge list of "What a bodybuilder eats". It helps pretty much everyone who doesn't have a clue whats good and whats bad to eat, its all healthy non processed food alternatives to the crap that people eat in modern America today.

Since you're doing your 40lb dumbbell circuit, you might want to check out a HST routine. Hypertrophy-specific Training. Its a full body routine, three times a week, that works wonders when done correctly. The downside is you have to have a gym membership or a full olympic weight set in order to do the routine because its based upon maxes. You'll stagnate very quickly using 40lbs constantly, weight lifting is all about progression.

:werd: :werd:

I'm putting an HST program together for my scrawny-ass self right now actually.

you ever tried to do 8 minute abs?

me and a buddy tried once and jesus christ lol thats some tough shit.

you gotta be in excellent shape just to do that

that workout is bad doing the same muscule group everyday will cause issue tears. you should do legs on day the upper the next

lol there are different levels of difficulty for the 8 min workouts.

Its not like im doing hardcore weight lifting, nor do i want to. As long as i dont totally kill myself (like lifting to failure repeatedly) i wont have any issues. Again, this is not for building muscle, if it was i would of specified, this is ONLY to lose weight, not to gain muscle mass. All i want to do is slim down and feel healthier.

some of your diet is good like cutting out the fattys but remember you still need a good amount of food while you work out.

oh i do, turkey, chicken, fruits, veggies, nuts mmmm peanuts... , whole wheat stuff, sold the rest of my beer lol

i went 151lbs->143lbs in about 3-4weeks; i just started being more active and stopped eating fatty foods all the time.

i dropped some weights on my face a few weeks ago(fucked up teeth alignment, teeth senstive to cold so i have to drink through straws, scar under my lip, etc.....~120lb barbell) so i haven't been benching, just curls, pushups, and sit-ups. if i can find some time to go jogging im sure i can lose more.

whateva.

You're on the way. Your diet sounds ok, and whatever program you do will work if you stick to it.

Good luck bro.

Back