Weight loss

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I seriously need to look into this, Im going in for another back surgery in the next few months and I would like to lose 20LBS before.

Ill see how you do then Ill give it a try lol

179.8 this morning, so 20 pounds dropped already. I've lost a tenth of myself!

This is pretty cool. I wonder if you are losing muscle as well as fat though?

Not supposed to, and based on the fat monitor on my scale, the fat percentage is dropping pretty steadily too. The hormone is supposed to cannibalize fat, and when you've lost all you can and gotten down to your body's previous healthy weight, you stop losing. Katie stopped the hCG at the minimum 20 days earlier this week- she stopped dropping pounds a few days before. Her finish weight was right where she was at about 6 years ago when she was in her best shape- so that would indicate to me (at least somewhat) that it doesn't kill muscle tissue.

Not supposed to, and based on the fat monitor on my scale, the fat percentage is dropping pretty steadily too. The hormone is supposed to cannibalize fat, and when you've lost all you can and gotten down to your body's previous healthy weight, you stop losing. Katie stopped the hCG at the minimum 20 days earlier this week- she stopped dropping pounds a few days before. Her finish weight was right where she was at about 6 years ago when she was in her best shape- so that would indicate to me (at least somewhat) that it doesn't kill muscle tissue.

no offense but loosing lots of fat doesn't mean you are in good shape or heathly. I would have a hard time with a diet that didn't involve/or recommend a good exercise program other then just walking...

The diet obviously works...i'll give it that....but you can change your eating habits, lower portions, increase metabolism along with exercise and not have to go to the extreme that this diet is. Millions of people have done it that way far early then when this diet was invented.

Also the hormone you are injecting into your male body is only found in pregnant women...not men or even non pregnant women. So as "natural" as it may be, it's not natural to be taken by a man. It's been scientifically altered to be taken quote "safely" for men and women.

Loosing weight has never been rocket science. people know what they need to do to loose weight. It's motivation,determination, social behavior AND people just being content, that most people struggle with.

Don't get me wrong i am glad it is working and you are doing well on it.

hF57C51BD

no offense but loosing lots of fat doesn't mean you are in good shape or heathly. I would have a hard time with a diet that didn't involve/or recommend a good exercise program other then just walking...

The diet obviously works...i'll give it that....but you can change your eating habits, lower portions, increase metabolism along with exercise and not have to go to the extreme that this diet is. Millions of people have done it that way far early then when this diet was invented.

Also the hormone you are injecting into your male body is only found in pregnant women...not men or even non pregnant women. So as "natural" as it may be, it's not natural to be taken by a man. It's been scientifically altered to be taken quote "safely" for men and women.

Loosing weight has never been rocket science. people know what they need to do to loose weight. It's motivation,determination, social behavior AND people just being content, that most people struggle with.

Don't get me wrong i am glad it is working and you are doing well on it.

Thanks. And trust me- the exercise will come later- you're just not supposed to exercise while on the hormone and the super low calorie intake since it can hose things up. I forget exactly why, but there was good reasoning behind it. As soon as I'm done with the hCG, I'll be right back on the bike training for my long rides and working to bring all the muscle back online.

As far as the traditional ways to lose weight- I was going down that route, refusing to do this the last two times the wife went on it- but she talked me into it this time, and it's WAY faster to get through the most painful part of weight loss. I have a genetic disposition to put on weight from having the active genes for psoriasis, so this helps brings things back into balance a lot faster. My doc even said the hCG was a good idea- the doc that's the world leader on psoriasis research.

:ph34r: :eek: :D

So, what does fake sugar have to do with it?

So the fake sugar blocks the hormone you're shooting up?

Interesting. Guess I tell my future wife to cut out the diet soda when she's with child.

So the fake sugar blocks the hormone you're shooting up?

I wouldn't quite put it like that- more like it prevents the fat from being used by the body. Same end effect, and not necessarily a direct interaction with the hormone. The same effect that would slow your weight loss if you were just trying to burn fat through exercise alone, hCG or not.

Interesting. Guess I tell my future wife to cut out the diet soda when she's with child.

That's just a good idea in general- you don't want the body swimming with all kinds of weird chemicals that could make their way to the baby- although the placenta is a pretty damn good filter for toxins.

Yeah.... Artificial sweeteners and insulin response is a controversial subject. The jury is still out on it..... For every study posted one could find a contradictory study going the other way. I know the chemicals probably are terrible anyways.

I know when I've done serious dieting, diet soda was my best friend and the only way I could go without things like beer. I also had zero issues losing weight at the time, just had to stick to it. Also though I wasn't having anything like sugar free cookies, etc. Mainly vodka and diet tonic or soda.

Last edited:
Uhmmm you're not reading what I posted then.

There's actually been quite a few studies that show the diet to be ineffective. The diet is not FDA approved (not that I particularly care what they say to begin with...). hCG use is normally reserved for hormone replacement therapy and male fertility.

"HCG is approved by FDA as a prescription drug for the treatment of female infertility, and other medical conditions. It is not approved for weight loss. In fact, the prescription drug label notes there “is no substantial evidence that it increases weight loss beyond that resulting from caloric restriction, that it causes a more attractive or ‘normal’ distribution of fat, or that it decreases the hunger and discomfort associated with calorie-restricted diets.”
http://www.fda.gov/forconsumers/consumerupdates/ucm281333.htm

If it works for you, it works for you.

It's definitely not the healthiest way to diet. As a male, its also a very good way to crush your endocrine system and wind up with a hormonal imbalance.

Am I being a naysayer and saying that you can't make this work? No. I am saying that I'd be very careful to go to the female lipid panel from Lab Corp (it works on males too) and test your estradiol (estrogen), LH, FSH, T count, and sex hormone binding.

This advice comes from a male who is on hCG for very different reasons.

Last edited:
Fake sugars, even though they don't have the calories of real sugar, still trigger the same type of response in the body- they cause your body to THINK there's real sugar there, so you still release the chemicals that process that sugar (insulin, leptin). Those chemicals slow the fat burning process.

Artificial Sweeteners Cause Greater Weight Gain Than Sugar

This has been proved and disproved.

I've been following artificial sweetener research for years and there's been no conclusive study that can link the artificial sweeteners to insulin response. Quite a few studies have linked artificial sweeteners to weight gain - but that's likely because the super sweet, man made flavor "tricks" the body into over eating. The difference from being able to down a large pizza and a bag of Doritos, while still feeling hungry vs the inability to eat four chicken breasts and veggies without feeling as though you're going to explode.

You have to be careful with medical research studies. One study 'proves' a hypothesis while another study disproves the same hypothesis.

Back