Weight loss

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Interesting. Hcg huh?

There are a lot of clinics set up all over the country that support it. I have looked into it personally because you lose sooooo much weight so quickly and its mainly fat. I've researched doing it at home but didn't know anyone that actually did it.

I believe hcg is illegal in most sports because of some of the implications behind it. It resets your hormone cycle to increase weight loss rapidly. Body builders use it for when they cycle off juice to cut out the bloat they gain. Heck. Brian Cushing got caught using it and suspended 4 games.

That's not why body builders use hCG nor why other athletes use hCG. AI (aromatose inhibitors) cut bloat by blocking estrogen conversion. high estrogen levels cause water retention - think of women being bloated during their cycle. Besides that fact, if people are diving into steroids, they'll likely use a 'cutting steroid' if they're looking to gain only lean body mass.

Here's why they use hCG. hCG is the most cost effective hormone that is CLOSELY linked with LH (luteinizing hormone). [there are other alternatives that are costly and that have chemical properties that are much more fragile, but for our purpose here, assume that hCG is a direct replacement for LH].
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luteinizing_hormone

I'll try to make this a 30 second snap shot of why hCG is used by these people and why it can be very dangerous, if not monitored very closely.

hCG mimics LH. LH tells your leydig cells, in your testicles, to produce more Testosterone (see diagram in my post below). At this point, the HPTA should recognize that there's an imbalance of Testosterone in your system and it should begin to convert some of that T into estrogen.

What athletes do is shoot the hCG, boost their T levels, and then take an aromatose inhibitor like anastrozole to block the conversion of T to estrogen. If you're only being blood tested for synthetic T, you would pass the drug test because none of the T in your body is synthetic. Its a cheap, easy way to gain an edge, for $100 you can order it online and call it a day. However, if the athlete has to go through olympic style blood testing, you're tested for a million other things as well. You'll be tested for your total T count, free T, and estradiol. That same athlete would fail the olympic testing because their Total T count is outside of the normal limits and their T to E2 ratio is outside of the 4:1 (or 6:1) ratio that the sports commissions allow. By understanding these basic parameters, this is how so many pro athletes doped but were able to pass a number of drug tests. See Lance Armstrong, see a ton of NFL football players that don't want to blood test for HGH, etc., etc.

Cliff Notes:
So why is this little tangent important to Calesta? Well it would be good for him to understand that the substance he's using is used for performance enhancement by steroid users, used for male fertility purposes by urologists, and is used in hormone replacement therapy for hypogonadism in males. hCG isn't just something you stop and start. If you inject "too much" (which is different from person to person), you shut down your HPTA. What that means is your body basically throws up its hands, says I can't regulate and balance the hormones currently in the body, so I'm just going to take my union break and stop working. You can't just tap your HPTA on the shoulder and say 'restart', once its shut down. You may need clomid or another drug to assist in the restart. That's just if your HPTA shuts down. What can also happen is that your body starts converting all of that T to E2 and DHT. Cue feeling like garbage, being testy (think PMS - roid rage isn't from Test, its from an estrogen imbalance) and male pattern baldness.

Last edited:
Here's a post I made about hCG for a different purpose, but it should help explain some of the dangers.

"hCG is essentially the closest man made thing to LH (luteinizing hormone). LH is released from the male pituitary to stimulate the production of Test. You can have primary hypogonadism (hypo meaning low) where your gonads (testicles) simply can't make any and/or enough T to maintain healthy levels or you can have secondary hypogonadism where there is an issue with the pituitary sending the signal (LH) to produce T.

So by taking hCG, you're essentially trying to mimic what the body SHOULD BE doing - telling your gonads to produce additional T.

The leydig cells are the cells in your testicles that receive the message and produce the T.

There's debate whether these leydig cells can be damaged by T usage and/or if the cells can begin functioning after being atrophied.

Cliff notes;
Depending on your condition, TRT may not be necessary. HRT (hormone replacement therapy) may be necessary. People either use clomid in an attempt to block the conversion of estrogen and increase T or use hCG to stimulate the production of additional T. Many doctors will do a 'clomid test' where they'll initially give patients clomid to see how they respond and if its possible to minimize/decrease their symptoms and increase T.

Here's some pictures.

cutler.jpg

Hormones are derived from cholesterol.

MALE-HORMONE-PATHWAY-300x225.jpg

Different view of cholesterol and hormones.

Testosterone-Production-Cycle.jpg

Diagram of what I described before in words for T production.

Hopefully that helps you see the basics"

Ooooooooooookay.

I'm done with my thread hijack. My intentions aren't to turn this into a steroid discussion but just to show you the other uses and why you need to be cautious with hCG - whether it's used for dieting, legal HRT treatment, fertility, or illegal steroid use - it will all effect your endocrine system and those effects should be monitored through blood work.

Thanks totalburnout- I'll definitely look into all those factors- there's quite a bit of information in there! I think I've stated before though, all my doctors said to go for it. I'm pretty sure there's a reason why the doctor who developed the protocol in Rome said that 40 days was the maximum too. I'm almost out of hCG, so in 8-9 days that'll be it for me. If I get anywhere near 170, I don't intend to go on it again.

As for bloodwork, I get a full panel done every few months to monitor body health for other meds that I'm on, and they're watching for pretty much ANY abnormality, so I'm covered.

whether or not artificial sweeteners contribute to weight gain is in-consequential in my eyes. I don't know how or why anyone would put that in their bodies. its rat poison cancer causing chemicals. period.

Thanks totalburnout- I'll definitely look into all those factors- there's quite a bit of information in there! I think I've stated before though, all my doctors said to go for it. I'm pretty sure there's a reason why the doctor who developed the protocol in Rome said that 40 days was the maximum too. I'm almost out of hCG, so in 8-9 days that'll be it for me. If I get anywhere near 170, I don't intend to go on it again.

As for bloodwork, I get a full panel done every few months to monitor body health for other meds that I'm on, and they're watching for pretty much ANY abnormality, so I'm covered.

How many iu's are you injecting and how often are you injecting.

The shelf life of hCG is 30-45 days after being reconstituted just as a FYI.

And to clarify on blood work, there's a zillion different kinds. Be sure that you're tested for Total T, Free T, sex binding, e2, LH, FSH and prolactin in addition to the standard vitamin/mineral, lipid panels, and whatever else they're testing.

Just as an example, I've had blood work for the last year and a half and just finally did they run my cholesterol - which obviously should be pretty standard. I mean I'm in very good shape and have excellent blood pressure and body composition but even so, you can't see cholesterol from a physical exam and that should have been included but likely wasn't due to oversight or insurance.

whether or not artificial sweeteners contribute to weight gain is in-consequential in my eyes. I don't know how or why anyone would put that in their bodies. its rat poison cancer causing chemicals. period.

Because like anything else that's awful for you, it tastes good.

never swallowed/tasted pool water before? it's basically the same shit. sodium hypochlorite +/- a few various forms of cancer lol

I gotta stop drinking pool water.

B - just wait, if you take up a paleo style diet, you'll have choice things to say about your current diet - like how grains weren't intended to be digested, so they're inflammatory to your body.

I personally don't drink diet soda but the point is, everyone has their own beliefs and think the next guy's food or lifestyle is more toxic than their own.

Many ways to make an omelette.

I'm excited to see a diet thread had so much interest. That's a step in the right direction for America IMO.

How many iu's are you injecting and how often are you injecting.

The shelf life of hCG is 30-45 days after being reconstituted just as a FYI.

And to clarify on blood work, there's a zillion different kinds. Be sure that you're tested for Total T, Free T, sex binding, e2, LH, FSH and prolactin in addition to the standard vitamin/mineral, lipid panels, and whatever else they're testing.

Just as an example, I've had blood work for the last year and a half and just finally did they run my cholesterol - which obviously should be pretty standard. I mean I'm in very good shape and have excellent blood pressure and body composition but even so, you can't see cholesterol from a physical exam and that should have been included but likely wasn't due to oversight or insurance.

175 IU daily, skip once a week.

I only reconstitute 2000 IU at a time, so enough for about 11 shots. The 2000 IU is the size of each vial- so I only reconstitute what I'm going to use immediately.

I'll check on the blood panel, but the people at the lab who take my blood tell me that they're checking for pretty much everything. I fill enough vials to fill a pint bag- it's a pretty comprehensive system check to make sure the other drugs aren't killing me. :(

Because like anything else that's awful for you, it tastes good.

Ugh. Fake sugar = not taste good. :(

I'm excited to see a diet thread had so much interest. That's a step in the right direction for America IMO.

Paleo is good too. :)

I think this is getting a lot of traffic because of the rate of loss- most weight loss routines not involving a tapeworm don't work this quickly.

Blows my mind that you're not having estrogen issue at 175iu's daily. I take 250-300iu's twice per week and my estrogen is immediately thrown into a tailspin if I don't take an aromatose inhibitor to manage the conversion to E2.

Blows my mind that you're not having estrogen issue at 175iu's daily. I take 250-300iu's twice per week and my estrogen is immediately thrown into a tailspin if I don't take an aromatose inhibitor to manage the conversion to E2.

Really? But the female body produces like 10k IU of hCG a day when pregnant? Don't think 175 would screw things up, but I haven't looked into that side of it.

I've been looking into this "diet" and although it seems attractive, there's something about messing with my hormones and possibly throwing them out of balance that scares the shit out of me. Plus, I don't like needles.

For the past 4 weeks I've lost about 15 pounds with just a normal diet- watching my caloric intake and exercise (about 1 hour a day). I have been taking raspberry ketones 2x a day as a supplement, which seems to be giving me more energy and I've noticed I'm not as drained out after my workouts.

I don't understand what is so difficult about dieting this way. People have been doing it forever - it's not rocket science. Don't get me wrong though - I'm happy for you Cal and keep up the great progress !

Last edited:
So, I've switched back to espresso and carbonated water instead of artificially sweetened soda and water, and I've lost 6 lbs since the 28th. (and yes, I weigh myself on an accurate scale at the same time every day, completely naked.) Interesting thing to note is that I'm not nearly as hungry too.

First time I've taken artificial sweeteners out of my diet in a while. Might be something to this, or it could be a normal hormone swing, because I've noticed libido changes too that usually occur this time of year.

Really? But the female body produces like 10k IU of hCG a day when pregnant? Don't think 175 would screw things up, but I haven't looked into that side of it.

Every person reacts differently. I tend to aromatize easily. I will say this, the general consensus when I was prescribed 250-300iu's in hCG to be taken on back to back days was that Id have a very tough time managing E2. That's exactly what happened to me. Now I understand it and know how much aromatose inhibitor needs to be taken in order to keep those E2 levels in check - so I can easily manage it but without the AI, Id be an emotional mess. When i suggested a more frequent low dose of hCG to the doctor instead of AI, the response was that it would actually cause even more conversion to estrogen. Too much info warning: The hCG can/does increase erectile function, penile stimulation and makes for OMG climaxes.

Contrast that with Test, which I can inject (at therapeutic doses, never done the mass amoun that people do on cycles) and have zero E2 issues.

Back