Weight Question's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Splat

Hi all, first time posting so please be easy on me.
Iv looked all over for these questions and came up with nothing, so i thought ill give this a shot.
My question is....How much does the V6 3.5 Honda Pilot motor weigh?
And how much does the 6 speed Type S TL trans weigh?

Thanks for any help.

The V6 is probably going to be about 490lbs(I'm assuming that is without the transmission; as thats about the weight of a K20A+transmission).. The transmission should be about 100lb..

The J30A1 only weighed 250 pounds... The J30A4 (+40hp) weighed 20 pounds less than that..

The J35 is a variant of that motor, so I can't immagine it gaining 240 pounds, or doubling in weight by adding a half liter of displacement.

Don't be an asshat.

The J30A1 only weighed 250 pounds... The J30A4 (+40hp) weighed 20 pounds less than that..

The J35 is a variant of that motor, so I can't immagine it gaining 240 pounds, or doubling in weight by adding a half liter of displacement.

I actually got my numbers from a C30; which should be a little heavier than the J-series but not by that much. If it's indeed around 250lbs, its much lighter than some of the 4-cylinders; I believe that's about how much the D15s weigh.

Also, I should note that the numbers I'm using are "dressed" blocks; has intake manifold, alternator, etc.

Back