Weight reduction

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Justin66

The Hondaswap Canadian
I want to make my integra a bit lighter, Im not sure if i want to get rid of my back seat yet. I assume my b16a w/ j1 is a little lighter than a stock setup. Power steering is removed as well as cruise control.

What else can i do?

Remove every single piece of your interior, remove your 'lo-power' exhaust and run open header, remove all a/c components and your heater core, replace all your OEM glass with lexan, remove you gas tank and install a fuel cell, get rid of your rear strut bar because it doesn't help you worht a shit anyways, get a carbon hood, carbon trunk lid, carbon fenders, and carbon roof, if your car has a sunroof remove it and put a blockoff plate in its place, trash your wheels for lighter, smaller ones, replace your rear LCA's with lighter aluminum ones, get lightweight lug nuts...

or you could just accept the fact that after you do all that you'll probably realistically only lose 1 or 2 tenths of a second at best, and that your integra with a B16 isn't going to do better than 13's (if even that) unless you boost it.

You put a b16 in an integra, wtf, i ran past a couple si's with just a few bolt -ons to the b18b in my teggy, and thats full interior with 2 12inch subs in the trunk and a goudy fiberglass bodykit. Integras are just heavy come to terms with tht fast and start building your shit instead of trying to figure out how to un build it.

You put a b16 in an integra, wtf, i ran past a couple si's with just a few bolt -ons to the b18b in my teggy, and thats full interior with 2 12inch subs in the trunk and a goudy fiberglass bodykit. Integras are just heavy come to terms with tht fast and start building your shit instead of trying to figure out how to un build it.
some jdm integras come with b16a in them

unless you're building a track car don't even bother with weight reduction. it'll make a very uncomfortable ride for a DD

unless you're building a track car don't even bother with weight reduction. it'll make a very uncomfortable ride for a DD

not entirely true, i gutted my ek coupe and dropped in a GSR, its tearing up people right now. i dynomated my rear half for sound purposes and it only weighed as much as my rear seat. nice and quiet and hauls ass!

i also am in the process of selling my hella nice 17's and getting some GSRs or some light weight wheels.. cant make my mind up. light wheels cause alot more tire spinning as well.

drop on a light weight flywheel.. you get alot more acceleration outta that then guttin that thing and it will be more comfortable, plus room for some biatches in the back :D

plus room for some biatches in the back :D

lol dont think the gf would like that.

Yes integra XSi's came with b16s, i have a 2nd gen b16a , its a common swap for integras.

Well i guess the only thing to really help me would be building the engine up a bit more. The flywheel thing was always something i wanted to try for myself.

Thanks for the input everyone ill see what i can do from here.

not entirely true, i gutted my ek coupe and dropped in a GSR, its tearing up people right now. i dynomated my rear half for sound purposes and it only weighed as much as my rear seat. nice and quiet and hauls ass!

i also am in the process of selling my hella nice 17's and getting some GSRs or some light weight wheels.. cant make my mind up. light wheels cause alot more tire spinning as well.

drop on a light weight flywheel.. you get alot more acceleration outta that then guttin that thing and it will be more comfortable, plus room for some biatches in the back :D
just to make sure I'm getting this right... you took out your seats and replaced them with dynomat that equaled about the same weight as the seats? where is the weight reduction in this process?

just to make sure I'm getting this right... you took out your seats and replaced them with dynomat that equaled about the same weight as the seats? where is the weight reduction in this process?

:werd:

That's fucking retarded. You could have just left it like it was and had a functional back seat if by chance you ever needed one. There's no point in taking shit out if you're just going to replace it with worthless stuff that weighs exactly the same...

woah... no one read right..

i took out my ENTIRE REAR from the back side of the drivers and passenger side.

i was saying that i dynamated the entire back half of my car and the stuff only weighed as much as the lower section of my rear seat. take it easy..

im not retared, as the last poster attempted to indicate. the dynamat was to make it quiet inside, as well as when my stuff goes back in (which was the point of moving everything out was for the dynamat job). i have a VERY crazy system and i needed to take care of vibrations. i was just commenting about how much fast the car is all gutted out.

im runnin 2 diamond audio D9's and 2 2400w amps behind em', so far ive been able to hit 142.7 DB before the dynamat job. pretty respectable considering the amature installation cartoys did.. i gutted it all and am backing it all with 0awg and 3 batteries and 2 caps.

im not looking forward to being heavy again but, this time i have 100+ more HP then i did before :D

I must be having a hard time grasping the concept behind this. you removed the rear seats, carpet, plastic trim, etc. and replaced it all with dynomat that equaled the weight of the seats. so in all you really removed what, 30 pounds? I just don't see how this helped or how it was essential to your cars performance.

LOL its ok, i just dont think you fully are reading my post.

lets see if i can re-explain.

I removed my entire rear half of my cars interior to put in dynamat becuase my stereo is WAY to loud.

in the process of removing everything, i had a jdm GSR dropped in.

i have been driving it for 2 weeks now gutted out and it is rediculously fast.

now the interior is going back in as soon as the car leaves the shop tomorrow.

The purpose behind the dynamat wasn't performance based from the begining. it was only for the stereo. i was makeing a comment of how it only weighed as much as the bottom cushion of the rear seat so it wasn't like i was adding on a ton of weight.

that is all.

oh and where the hell is Elma at?? never heard of it before.

im so glad ur gsr is tearing up people.. that totally has to do with weight reduction :).. im gonna be gutting out my DA integra.. but its only gonna be a weekend car or so... N/A ls/vtec= horrible gas milage

im so glad ur gsr is tearing up people.. that totally has to do with weight reduction :).. im gonna be gutting out my DA integra.. but its only gonna be a weekend car or so... N/A ls/vtec= horrible gas milage

LOL ya, but heres the thing i didnt mention. i gutted it before the swap.

108 hp dx motor+gutted out car= ex hatch killer :D

just before i took it in i got a clear freeway race with a 96-00 ex hatch. stock vrs. my stock. and i got him. i started behind him and saw him jump on it so i went and actualy came around on him and passed right no by. it wasnt like i severally owned him, but i pulled steady on him and we only went for about a good 1/4 mile 3 times and i got him everytime.

SO, ex hatchbacks watch out for sleeper DX coupes :p LOL!!!

LOL ya, but heres the thing i didnt mention. i gutted it before the swap.

108 hp dx motor+gutted out car= ex hatch killer :D

just before i took it in i got a clear freeway race with a 96-00 ex hatch. stock vrs. my stock. and i got him. i started behind him and saw him jump on it so i went and actualy came around on him and passed right no by. it wasnt like i severally owned him, but i pulled steady on him and we only went for about a good 1/4 mile 3 times and i got him everytime.

SO, ex hatchbacks watch out for sleeper DX coupes :p LOL!!!
are you in canada

just wondering because there is no ex hatch, in the us, and the 96-00 hatch came stock with 106 hp

Weight reduction makes such a difference. Before I put my sub in, my DX was a little peppier. But I don't really care, I like having my sound (I'm addicted to music).

Oh and 97DXCoupe, your signature is getting obnoxiously huge. I'd fix it before someone fixes it for you ;)

Back