Weight reduction

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i was just getting at the 14s would be faster

i was just getting at the 14s would be faster

how so though? the17"wheels overall diameter was smaller and the weight was lighter.
how would the heavy, larger overall diameter, but smaller rim be "faster"? i dont think i understand???

because it takes more power to rotate 17s than 14s ..and what do you mean the 17s was smaller ?

because it takes more power to rotate 17s than 14s ..and what do you mean the 17s was smaller ?
how so?? the weight was almost 5 lbs difference between the 2.
the overall diamater was about a inch difference between the 14 and the 17.
the 17's had 40 series tires and the 14's have 70's.. they are huge tires, i want them off LOL.

either way, i can tell the difference between driving the 2 sets.

does anyone know the weight of gsr blades?

the weight does matter but the size does also, it take more time to rotate something that is bigger than something that is smaller so your rim will spin faster making the car gain speed faster. and now i see what your saying the reason the 14 was bigger overall was because of the tire not the rim lol

the weight does matter but the size does also, it take more time to rotate something that is bigger than something that is smaller so your rim will spin faster making the car gain speed faster. and now i see what your saying the reason the 14 was bigger overall was because of the tire not the rim lol
ya lol, i wasnt trying to say your dumb or anything like that. just saying that how can a wheel that is lighter and overall smaller be slower then a heavier larger one?

but really, a 18lb wheel/tire combo thats smaller then a 23.5 lb wheel/tire combo is slower?? i just dont get sense outta that one

haha if that jarred guy did it then you can too. i have a random off topic question but whatever. i wanna buy an intake for my DA should i go the cheap way or would it be worth it to spend the extra money and get an AEM one or somethin. how much difference is there?

haha if that jarred guy did it then you can too. i have a random off topic question but whatever. i wanna buy an intake for my DA should i go the cheap way or would it be worth it to spend the extra money and get an AEM one or somethin. how much difference is there?

Get a J's racing one or a PasswordJDM one. those things OWN i have one on my gsr :D

remove crank rods cams axles and any other rotating parts that are made of iron/steel and it will be a screamer lightest thing you ever seen (in the dark)

if yall really are this concerned about weight reduction then go here Subway Diet - Walking Plus Subway Sandwiches Equals Weight Loss

:lmao:

If you're not really concerned with looks, then you can just buy a cheapo Ebay intake and then put a nice filter on it (K&N, AEM, etc.). I personally like AEM's intakes because they fit really nice and they stay in place. They always have a little tab welded onto them that allow you to bolt them to a spot in the engine bay. With the cheap ones your intake is most likely going to be flopping around a bit, or they'll give you some ghetto metal strap to secure it in place.

who knew my thread would get soo much attention, topic does seem to be slipping tho....

not fully, the post i made in response to the intake question was based on the PasswordJDM intake, the reason why i mentioned that is, well, its Carbon Fiber and the lightest intake you can get, and most powerful. i had a V2 once and it didnt make nearly as much as the PowerChamber from passwordjdm.

:D
Just my 2 cents :D

dude the '07 with the 102 hp motor in them would be about as fast as the 58 bugs that put down like 38 horses to the wheels lol. Seriously its a good thing for honda they came out with the k-series motors otherwise they would be screwed. It shocks me they didn't drop some weight before production though. After all they are supposed to be gas savers right?

I had heard the aem v2 intake is the best on the market. as far as power gains but again I heard that I have no first hand knowledge personally I will never ever spend ove $50 if that on an intake it isn't worth it for the extra 1 or 2 hp you will gain.

Last edited:
The V2 is one of the best intakes out there. It really depends on what motor you're putting it on though. Some of them have fantastic gains with the V2, others are still so-so. Usually the more performance oriented the motor is to start with, the better the gains you'll see.

I looked up the dyno charts for the V2 on my car, and it actually does add like 6-7 wheel horse. That's pretty damn good for a bolt-on part on a Honda motor.

The Password JDM "whale penis" style intakes usually do a pretty good job of adding power too...

Does anyone else remember back during the dawn of FNF, when all the cold air intake adds claimed like 20+ hp? Bull-fucking-shit. That must have been nice to be an aftermarket parts manufacturer riding that wave.

damn 6-7 wheel horses for an intake? thats on your teggy right??

Correct, and that's with an LS engine too. The numbers are even better on some of the newer, more performance-oriented models (RSX, Civic Si, etc.).

No wonder they want almost $400 for it, it actually does work...

Back