Weight Reduction.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

korey

I need some help, I am looking to shave some weight off of my 97 civic dx. The problem is I am going to have a system in there in about a month and want to keep my backseats as well. What are some other good ways to lessen the weight without taking out the sound deadening material or the rear seats? Let me know, thanx.

if your putting a system in the car dont bother

here is a list i made .... i know you dont want to do a lot of the stuff on here .... but maybe it will give you some ideas

back seats
passenger seat
carpet
sound deadening
spare tire
jack
stereo
speakers
AC
PS
heater core
plastic pannels
roof liner
bumper supports
interior door skins
climate control panel
dash board
air bags
replace rear windows with lexan/plastic
sway bars
exhaust
center plastic (arm rest, shifter area, etc)
put in a roll cage, remove seat belts get harnesses (do not get harnesses without a roll bar / cage)
CF or FG body pannels
tube frame
replace driver seat with stupidly light racing seat
replace side windows with lexan/plastic
replace windsheild with lexan
cut any extra length off all bolts
drill all nuts
drill any non structural metal
light weight battery
remove headlights
remove tail lights
replace ignition with switches
light weight rims
light weight drag racing front brakes
remove rear brakes
remove E brake lever and lines
remove cruise control
light weight LCAs
the list goes on and on that should give you an idea

take a shit, take a piss, throw up, run on almost empty, cut top off, no muffler, let the car rust, run 13 inch wheels, track shoes, shave your head, pubes and ass, take your contacts out (wait, no dont do that), remove the shifter boot, and cut your fingernails and toenails.

you forgot to tell him to take out the entire interior, except pedals and shifter- if he's drag racing he only needs to go straight anyway, just look the wheels straight and throw that steering wheel out the window

damn E, you listed most of the shit :)

hmmm. you missed one, brake dust shield and lighter steering wheel :)

Originally posted by JDMilan@Feb 4 2004, 11:11 PM
damn E, you listed most of the shit :)

hmmm. you missed one, brake dust shield and lighter steering wheel :)

that falls in the: "the list goes on and on" area :)

also a straight rear axle for the rear. saves approx 140 lbs of lbs. downside, track only and no, i mean no, rear suspension. just something to consider if your going all track

matt

man i want some lexan for the rear windows for my ef
the hwole interior is stripped but i think im putting a non-functional integ dash in there just for looks, all the other shit is gone though
if you HAVE to put a system in there and are concious about weight, you better get highquality stuff with lots of power and less subs, and use a fiberglass box,

Back