Weird Clicking?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Justin66

The Hondaswap Canadian
So, after about 2 months with this damn sound i have figured out that it mostly only makes its sound when its wet, raining or damp out. Whether it has anything to do with it i dont know but thats when it makes the most clicks. My blower motor is shot cause water is getting into it some how and it leaks out onto the floor mats, whether that has anything to with it either boggles me aswell.

Passenger side, either coming from behind the glove box or near/at the ECU general area. Seems electrical related since it only clicks when i disengage the clutch or turn on the wipers or start the car sometimes. It doesnt always click when i do either thing, but again its more regular when its damp out. Never consistent. What the hell could be making this sound? Have any of you had something like this? It almost sound like a switch is activating or electrical breaker. Maybe the dead wet blower is messing with something.

Curse you Gremlins!

Last edited:
Question. Before the blower motor went out from it getting wet as you say, did the a/c work? When the a/c was on did the water drip under the car onto the pavement or did it make the passenger side floor wet?

Ok, well that makes it a little easier for me. Check your kick panel on the passengers side. Did the computers over there get wet? I forget where the heater core is exactly on that year civic? Is that what is leaking and you have a relay or type of small ecu that could be clicking from getting wet? I have to say I have never had this happen on a Honda, but I did have this happen on a ford mustng and it was a small computer i had to replace from getting wet due to the heater core leaking. Good Luck.

the clicking sound is probably gonna be a shot relay from water damage. You might also check the grommets on your firewall and make sure they are all there. If not, your carpet is gonna get wet because of water splashing through the firewall into the cabin.

If you hear the noise, park it, turn on the whipers, and go searchin.

Ya, i hope to hell its not the ECU getting fried. I dont think water is hitting it cause i see it run down the mat after a little while, while raining. The mat is rubber thank god and the carpet isnt getting wet. Id say its about a small cup full of water at the most. Also if i jiggle the ignition while its started it makes the click too, man this is weird. Its dry and warm today, ill take her for a spin, dry it and try and pull out the blower motor look at the ECU and see if i can determine something, ill keep you guys posted.

Oh and craiger its and Integra not a civic.

Alrighty i took a look at the ECU, still flashing the nice code 15 that i have yet to take care of. Its dry and its not the ECU clicking. Sounds behind the glove box, possibly in the engine bay. Its been nice and sunny and i dont have an assistant right now to sit in the car and play with stuff while i listen lol. Still open here....

there is a relay in the blower motor...that might be whats clicking...just a thought.

I believe the blower motor fuse went, also i have disconnected it. This is really odd. When it clicks nothing really happens, lights dont flicker, rpm doesnt move... nothing.

Sorry about the confusion about civic/integra. Is there any type of after market crap that is on it that was there before you bought it? i.e. special lights, Amp, Radio, Alarm, etc.

Well the car has been through alot of different aftermarket things, but this has only done it this year really. I had my amp and sub in last year but took it out for a while. I will have to keep looking around. So far it doesnt seem to be causing any problems, or indicating one but its just an odd thing. Mostly only when i put the clutch down, and when i start my car as in just as i hit accessory mode, starts and does it again just as i stop the starter. Weird...

Well the reason I asked is it really sounds like the click is something shorting out or has got wet and is clicking when power is going to it. The radio and Amp are most likely not the problem, alarm wires are usually not going under that oart of the dash. Maybe look at your windshield wiper motor wires or other wires in that area. That is all I can think it would be. Very strange!

Everything works fine regardless of if it clicks or not. Ill have to look under the hood some more.

Back