weird drip

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I went out this morning and noticed a puddle of antifreeze under my car, at first I thought it could have been my radiator but it was to far back, so I jacked it up and looked underneath it and I think it may be the water pump, but it's coming from the crank pully...but it could be higher and dripping down onto the crank pully then to the ground. It's a 91 dx 5 speed with a d15b2

I'm hoping it's not the head gasket. I've been reading and thats what it's starting to sound like. But if it is the water pump how hard it is to replace?

alright, awesome. I just bought the pump and a timing belt, seeing that I have to replace and I'm right there you know?

I freaked the fuck out one day when I saw a lil puddle... Turns out it was just my coolant reservoir spilling some shit from a lil hole half way up the side of it lol

Fixed that bitch quick too haha

well I thought it came out of my over flow because maybe I heated it up because I wanted to see how much it had. got to 110 and had to shut it down haha. but then I got under it and checked it out and I'm still pretty sure it's my water pump but the weird thing is, it's not really changing anything. My temp doesn't get higher I'm not losing power or anything, it's really weird. I was even thinking of using that mechanic in a bottle but I don't know how good that stuff even works...does anyone?

PLEASE do NOT use that CRAP! It might help for the first couple weeks, but after a while, that shit does more harm than anything.

that's what I thought, like I wanted to try it just to actually know, but it's not really worth seizing your engine

alright now I'm very confused, I don't think that it's my water pump, because it does drip but only to a cretin point, like I went to fill up my radiator this morning and it only took like a cup and a half of water

Just do the pump and belt anyway, they're probably due. Just make sure the block is clean and the w/p gasket is on correctly.

When the one on my dads car went it didn't loose much water, the temp didn't raise but it was dripping out the bottom. When we took it apart it looked like the gasket was melted right off.

Last edited:
yeah thats what I mean, because when I went to fill it and thats all it took, I'm like wait it should take a lot more then that. but yeah I'm still gonna do the job I was just a little worried

Back