Weird EBAY stuff...am I getting scammed?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
So I bought some AEM rear brake pads off Ebay last week (mine are just about dead, and I don't feel like spending $60 for some axxis or somethin). I emailed the seller yesterday to see if they had been shipped yet, and he gave me a fedex tracking number. He also said this:

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting Qualified Japanese Parts.

your item was shipped to your PO BOX address and we are losing money on your item
can we remove our transaction on ebay after u received the item?? because we can get 3% ebay fee from ebay

let me know

If you have any further question, please feel free to contact us again.

MSN: xxxxxxxx or ICQ#xxxxxxx

Sincerely,
Online Sales Manager
PO BOX 1709
Monterey Park, CA 91754
USA

:huh: Remove the transaction from Ebay? Only time that's ever happened to me was when I bought my Skunk2 intake manifold a while back, and the guy I bought it from got his account suspended....

I pm'd the guy on Aim....
[12:52] Wil: hlo?
[12:52] WWW.QJP.JP, THE BEST SOURCE OF PERFORMANCE PARTS: hi
[12:52] Wil: yeah...i won your auction #7970079444
[12:53] Wil: for the AEM rear brake pads for a 90-up integra
[12:53] WWW.QJP.JP, THE BEST SOURCE OF PERFORMANCE PARTS: yes
[12:53] Wil: whats this stuff about you removing the auction from ebay?
[12:53] WWW.QJP.JP, THE BEST SOURCE OF PERFORMANCE PARTS: ?????
[12:53] Wil: Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting Qualified Japanese Parts.

your item was shipped to your PO BOX address and we are losing money on your item
can we remove our transaction on ebay after u received the item?? because we can get 3% ebay fee from ebay

let me know

If you have any further question, please feel free to contact us again.

MSN: xxxxxxx or ICQ# xxxxxxx
[12:54] WWW.QJP.JP, THE BEST SOURCE OF PERFORMANCE PARTS: did u receive your pads yet??
[12:54] Wil: no
[12:54] WWW.QJP.JP, THE BEST SOURCE OF PERFORMANCE PARTS: we will contact ebay to remove our transaction, so, we can have some ebay fee back
[12:55] Wil: uh....
[12:55] Wil: as long as i get my pads, i guess...
[12:55] WWW.QJP.JP, THE BEST SOURCE OF PERFORMANCE PARTS: u know what i mean??
[12:55] WWW.QJP.JP, THE BEST SOURCE OF PERFORMANCE PARTS: yes, this is correct
[12:55] WWW.QJP.JP, THE BEST SOURCE OF PERFORMANCE PARTS: please help
[12:55] Wil: um....

WTF is going on?

hes asking to remove it so ebay refunds him the seller fees.

I sell on ebay all the time

Like now I have these crappy perfumes on there.

Listing Fee: $6.80
Final Vaue is like 5% of the ending price so $1 for each auction ending for 19.95.

I'm getting charged $6.80 + $50 (I have one of those BIN only for 19.95, if they all sell too, they don't charge for items that don't sell). So I'm paying ebay 5.68 % for using their service.

At least that's what I'm making of it...Either that or you have some seriously bad luck.

yeah, basically, once you get them, he's going to remove the item, basically, making it appear that you never paid for the item. this will allow them to re-list it free of charge.

i say fuck them. say no.
and report them to ebay if they do it anyway. ebay will kick their ass.

but don't do shit until you get your pads and clear your paypal account :D

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 4 2005, 01:33 PM
yeah, basically, once you get them, he's going to remove the item, basically, making it appear that you never paid for the item. this will allow them to re-list it free of charge.

i say fuck them. say no.
and report them to ebay if they do it anyway. ebay will kick their ass.

but don't do shit until you get your pads and clear your paypal account :D
[post=495023]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking. As soon as I get the brake pads (which according to the FedEx tracking number, I should get them tomorrow), I'm going to forward their email to Ebay.

why would that seller post new brake pads at a cost lower than what they paid for them?

doesnt make sense. i know every now and again ill lose money selling something i bought for either too much or noone wants it... but ...

oh. AEM brake pads. wow.

How do you go about getting back re-listing fees, I had to re-list my PS2 twice after paying a % of 300.00 becuasde scumbags don't pay.

Yup. The brake pads were only like $20 or something...

Unfortunately I missed the '$30 for shipping' thing...wtf...who's this guy use for his shipping company? GoldStar EMS or somethin??

I do that too. Its a way to trick buyers like you into paying more. A LOT of people go overboard though.

I might charge like $2-3 more.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 4 2005, 10:37 PM
in your control panel, you have the option to relist for non-paying bidders.
[post=495304]Quoted post[/post]​

I used the relist option that way, but on my invoice, it still says they are charging me.

you have to file the claim for non paying bidder. Then I think the option becomes available. It's kinda hard to navigate their site to find any kind of reimbursments. Just use their help section...it's there somewhere.

Update: I got the brake pads, they've been on my car a little over a month. Today I get a Non Paying Bidder notification from Ebay:
Dear scratchygringo:

We are contacting you about the following item: AEM REAR BRAKE PADS INTEGRA 90-93 94-01 EXC.TYPE R RS (#7970079444)

The seller, qjpjp tells us you have mutually agreed not to complete the transaction (e.g. because you returned the item for a refund or because there was a misunderstanding) and has requested a credit for their eBay fees.

Please respond by Jun-22-2005 so eBay knows whether you have agreed.

So I responded to Ebay, in the 'Dispute Resolution' thing...
The brake pads are on my car, I never contacted the seller about anything like this whatsoever. I did not return the item, nor did I ever contact the seller about doing so.

Fucking Ebay lowlife assholes.

I would have to say that the worst Ebay transaction 3VAR had to be suffered by one of our own here. An Ebay tragedy so heinous that whenever someone goes SLIGHTLY out of line with a transaction, I cancel out.

I would have to say that the worst Ebay transaction 3VAR had to be suffered by one of our own here. An Ebay tragedy so heinous that whenever someone goes SLIGHTLY out of line with a transaction, I cancel out.

more info?

Eh, if he wants to come out with it, he will. It's too evil and heartwrenching for me to blurt out. I actually felt bad about the loss. It was a Mugen steering wheel shipped to a buyer in Australia - Then the funds yanked back by federal fraud investigators because the paying credit card was stolen. Real Mugen wheel, false funds. Now both are gone. And I can't touch a real Mugen anything for below $800 now.

That was enough of a scam to make me fear ebay forever.

-> Steve

I refuse to sell to international buyer anymore.

3 of my recent transactions had a similar case.

$90 Yashica Camera to a guy in Taiwan. Paypal refunded him

$70 Books to a guy in Italy. Paypal refunded him

$900 Deer Taxidermy. Wasn't mine but, same situation.

Originally posted by Celerity@Jun 16 2005, 10:26 AM
Eh, if he wants to come out with it, he will. It's too evil and heartwrenching for me to blurt out. I actually felt bad about the loss. It was a Mugen steering wheel shipped to a buyer in Australia - Then the funds yanked back by federal fraud investigators because the paying credit card was stolen. Real Mugen wheel, false funds. Now both are gone. And I can't touch a real Mugen anything for below $800 now.

That was enough of a scam to make me fear ebay forever.

-> Steve
[post=512851]Quoted post[/post]​

that was me. :( got the wheel from airjockie, it was SWEET too. bought a momo hub from baker precision. when i totalled my hatch, the wheel and hub went for $400 to the phillipines. not only did i have to eat the aution fees, but i had to reimburse paypal for the $425.

after having that wheel, i needed a ralli///art one from an evo in my mirage. momo wheels are just so beautiful.

April%2015%20Mugen%20Wheel%20Install.JPG

Back