1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird idle

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by SixtySecondAssassin, Sep 17, 2003.

1. SixtySecondAssassin

SixtySecondAssassin Senior Member

i swapped my obd1 b16 manifold out for and obd2 type r unit about a month back. when installing everything i noticed that the obd1 iac valve bolt holes didnt line up on the back of the manifold. luckily my brother had an obd2 unit at the house. so i bolted that on instead. ever since then i havent been able to get my idle under 1500 rpm. now my question is: could the obd2 iac valve be causing all this trouble, or am i overlooking something?

2. SixtySecondAssassin

well, i just swapped them out any way and nothing changed. so i dunno what the fuck...............

3. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

id bet you have a vacum line off, or crossed....try to find someone with the same setup and check everything...also, i believe this site has the fixing an erratic idelm go through eveyone of those....haha i must say i've had idle problems one to many times from a bad TPS to a line being off, and even the good ol IAC...

4. SixtySecondAssassin

i've pulled off every vacuum line and sensor to look for cracks in lines and stuff. i guess ill retorque everything and go from there. fuck hondas.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted