weird idling problem when driving

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

preludedriva

ok when im driving around and im about to come near a stop or whatever i put it into neutral and the rpms "should" goto like 700-1000 or w/e right? instead it revs up to 3000 how do i fix this? kinda like a sticky idle
really annoying
i was told it could be iacv or throttle body?
if anyone konws a fix let me know thanks

Quoted post[/post]]
ok when im driving around and im about to come near a stop or whatever i put it into neutral and the rpms "should" goto like 700-1000 or w/e right? instead it revs up to 3000 how do i fix this? kinda like a sticky idle
really annoying
i was told it could be iacv or throttle body?
if anyone konws a fix let me know thanks

is it throwing a c.e.l (check engine light)

set your idle PROPERLY. Most people think that adjusting the idle set screw while the engine is running does the trick. It doesn't. The IACV compensates for whatever changes you make while the car is running. Follow these steps...

1. Turn on car and get to operating temp...
2. Turn car off...
3. Unplug IACV and start car...
4. Adjust idle screw until engine is idling at 700 rpm...
5. Shut the engine down...
6. Reconnect IACV...
7. Reset ECU...
8. Start car up to make sure everything's okay.

If everything in your idle conrol system is functioning properly, that will cure the problem. That's pretty much straight out of the manual. I've done it so many times, it's kinda like second nature. Try that and if it doen't help. I'd say you have a vacuum leak somewhere. Also, double check the voltage on you TPS sensor, with the key in the "ON" position, the middle wire should read .5 volts at fully closed throttle and 4.5 volts at WOT.

i second the vacuum thing. even a wide open screw will not put your idle that high

Quoted post[/post]]
set your idle PROPERLY. Most people think that adjusting the idle set screw while the engine is running does the trick. It doesn't. The IACV compensates for whatever changes you make while the car is running. Follow these steps...

1. Turn on car and get to operating temp...
2. Turn car off...
3. Unplug IACV and start car...
4. Adjust idle screw until engine is idling at 700 rpm...
5. Shut the engine down...
6. Reconnect IACV...
7. Reset ECU...
8. Start car up to make sure everything's okay.

If everything in your idle conrol system is functioning properly, that will cure the problem. That's pretty much straight out of the manual. I've done it so many times, it's kinda like second nature. Try that and if it doen't help. I'd say you have a vacuum leak somewhere. Also, double check the voltage on you TPS sensor, with the key in the "ON" position, the middle wire should read .5 volts at fully closed throttle and 4.5 volts at WOT.

haha, that may have not helped him, but it will help me when i put in my skunk2 throttle body.
Thanks

Back