weird isdle problems on b18c

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18cbooster

I just recently swapped out my jdm gsr motor into a db8 shell but now my isdle is goin crazy when I first start it up in the morning especialy when cold my cel is on I have yet to find the code I know I should take care of that first but I noticed the head is makin a weird clanking noise I just got a 3 angle valve job and the machine shop said that the head is mint any idea why this could be? Before the swap the motor ran perfectly now it just feels shitty plz can anyone throw me any suggestions, other than the the obv diagnostic machine to see what the codes are wich I'm on my way to do right now

Check the codes! Why try to figure out a possible mechanical problem before you deal with the Check Engine Light????

^He was asking for possible stuff to check before he went to get the car scanned for codes. I agree. I would just plug the Genius scanner in and pull codes but not everyone has a $5000 scanner. He also knew the motor ran fine before the swap, so checking for unplugged sensors and vacuum lines is quick and easy and a very real possibility. When I did my swap it was a crank no start. Quickly found out that I did not plug in one of the ecu plugs all the way so there was no signal to the fuel pump. Could be a miss wired sensor also if you had to do any rewiring. I dont like the clanking sound coming from the head. I would remove the valve cover and take a look, you can even run the motor with it off to look for anything. Yes this will make a small oil mess, but you can see that all the cams, rockers and lost motion is moving correctly and freely. Or if there is something loose. Hope you find the problem. Keep us posted.

Back