Weird, No more vibration

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
This confuses the hell outta me. Before the whole oil cap incident (see: "My friend is a COMPLETE idiot" in the member's lounge.) I had a lot of vibration in the shifter, any rpm and any incline. Anyway, now after the oil thing, it doesn't vibrate nearly as much, at idle it barely shakes, during driving it's almost still. The engine even runs smoother...for the most part. The only thing is that it smokes a little more, but that's because it is overfilled and needs an oil change, otherwise it actually is in better running condition.

I have another question, it was a problem that I had before this incident. During normal driving after shifting into second at any rpm, it sometimes hesitates, then slips, then finally engages a little harshly. It is not the clutch because it only does it in second. Kinda seems like a shitty 87 Accord auto transmission trying to shift. And yes, it does grind in second at higher rpm shifting.
Should I worry about it?

If it gets worse I'd have to put the DX tranny in, because there's no way I'm going to try and just skip second everywhere I go.

Back