Weird speaker problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZCpowerdSI

Hey guys. So my problem is bad static in the speakers of my ef. It barely has static when the volume is really low but when I turn up the volume it gets bad. I've changed the stereo so it's not that. And i know the speakers aren't blown. I know the exact moment it started. It started when one day at the lights I wanted to push my car a bit, and when I brought it to about 6000rpms all of a sudden it was fuzzy. I couldn't tell if it made a sound when it happend because the engine was too loud.

Anyone know what this could be? Thanks in advance

Yeah I don't know shit when it comes to the audio. And I didn't do any of the wiring besides the harness I just wired.

Ground loop? Meaning...

take the speakers out and check each one. if a wire is touching something metal it can cause static or cause no noise period coming from radio. or check the wiring you did. could just be a loose connection or plug.

It was doing it before I did the wiring. I thought maybe it could be the deck and since it was an old one I went and picked up a new one. And still the same thing. I'm gonna pull the speakers out tomorow.

bad ground can do that if something is not grounded properly. first is it all speaker or just one adjust the radio going from right to left and front to back to see if its all speakers

ok. hmm. that could eaither be a ground is not connected properly. << good metal? not aluminum, or painted>> radio deck could still be bad. you say it did not do it untill you hit 6k rpm right

Yeah not till 6k. I don't really know where the ground(s) are for the radio. Are they easy to see?

I'm guessing it's a good place to be grounded because I didn't touch it. Prolly same place the factory grounded it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back